Looking At 2007 Unlimited CRD Auto - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-06-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have got the 08 JK CRD and have had a great run with it, most of its life is spent towing a small van and it does it well.

Its not built like a Toyota but I didnt pay the Toyota price tag either, I am happy...

LOL, Steve its great to have you back and active again
Old 17-06-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies,
I am aware that problems happen with all cars and was just trying to gauge if the JK jeeps where actually more prone then others, but it sounds like its more like they are probably the same as others brands but with the dealers not looking after the customer with regard to after sale service, pre delivery and good will.
I have purchased a different vehicles previously but the dealers have bent over backwards to ensure that everything was fixed.
I have purchased a lemon new, the service manager even when told what to do by the factory, advised me this wont work leave it with me and he had the problem fixed and then looked after the paperwork, more trouble for them but less complaints as they new how to repair faults and keep customers happy took a year to fix all faults but always given a curtisy car and no questions asked. I have since purchased my wife’s car from there because of the service.
Mate of mine purchased new GLS Triton dual cab sold it after 8 months as dealer could not rectify continuing problems.
Sounds like I should go in and talk to service manager of local Jeep dealer and gauge his response to some simple questions re warranty and service. Hope he finds my questions simple otherwise I will not trust him and it means he does not know his vehicles.
Old 17-06-2009
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

All new vehicles have their issues. I owned a gu 3lt prior to my jk, had issues with the rear diff(supposedly the best lsd in the game) 5th gear was crap and turbo hoses blowing up. And there have been issues with the complete engine blowing.
With reference to Toyota, their diffs are weak as piss, the new td v8 drinks a litre of oil every 5000km.
Every brand has its issues.
Build quality will always be better in the Jap cars, but they lack something imprortant to me when I buy a car, thats character.
Old 17-06-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

mate. Mines awesome and trouble free and purchased new in '07 and i give it heaps and it has never let me down!!
I've seen 4 toyotas break bits on the same tracks where mine has gone up without incident. I would recommend to a friend!!
Old 17-06-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking hell yes buy 1

Well I have an 08 manual CRD and I love it !!!!! I love driving it every morning and I love going places where people in land rovers, nissans and toyota say I dont have a chance of getting up or through. OHHH and they are by far the sexiest looking 4wd on the market.

Ohh and to top it all off is the jeep wave Awesome.
ome 2' lift
Tigerz 11 winch
Old 18-06-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks again,
I thought there would be vehicles out there that have not had problems and that there drivers love them, Just good to here.
Old 18-06-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I Just came back from Fraser Island on Sunday, spent 2 days there on the sand with my manual '08 JK CRD. The car loved the sand and she never had so much fun in her short life (she even ran around topless the whole time!).
I agree with the posters above, every car has it's issues. I'd rather be spending money fixing a jeep than spending money fixing a troopy, at the end of the day no mater how much money you spend it still a troopy!