What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 61 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by two dogs View Post
dunno how you did that but cheers! most items are usually miles away from here(central QLD) so i jumped right on it! as for the tyres, 31`s on 15x8`s.
I was checking it out on ebay, it was too far from me

CC
Old 03-01-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

turned out it was about 20 mins down the road and the bloke was keen to get rid of it quickly, got lucky cause he really wanted at least $400 for it. do you reckon its possible to beef it up and do some cuts to make room for a small winch??? always wanted one.
Old 03-01-2008
LokRinger

Liked 1,744 Times in 551 Posts

You can always fit a hayman reece into it and use a portable electric winch.
Then you dont have all the extra weight over the front affecting your handling and all suspension parts etc plus the extra steering load.
See the one I did for JDU many years ago now.

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoXJbar.htm

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 03-01-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts

finished up the rear end remodel...buffed the bumper out, welded up the gas fill so it wont snag a rock, installed the oem taillights so i can get over the pits (it failed due to bad welds on the LPG tank mounts - DOH!)...installed the new towbar and made a nice diamond plate facia for the license plate...all shiny now so its parked in the garage while we go off to the best mud in WA with Tigs and the new trailer! first trip out for Robyn (my wife) in over a year after she suffered a severe injury...we are PSYCHED!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Last edited by Rodgebone; 27-08-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2008
TerraFlexer

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Good score Two Dogs.Nice bar at the rite price.
Old 03-01-2008
TerraFlexer

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Smile

Put on a set of Hella driving lights
Old 03-01-2008

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

that looks great mate

i need to get me some of those end caps