OBD2 Tips thread - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2016
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts
Default OBD2 Tips thread

As requested I've setup a sticky with some info on OBD scanners, I found this particularly useful for monitoring dpf soot levels.

The OBD port is located below the dash near the drivers right shin. You will need an OBD2 dongle that supports bluetooth or wifi so that your smart phone can connect.

https://youtu.be/fg7JMp5t4I8

Below is an example of the ELM327 bluetooth dongle I used:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-KW90...-/151517581716

Once this is plugged in and the car is turned on/running you should be able to connect to it with your bluetooth phone (Android), iPhone will need a wifi dongle.

On my Andriod phone I use torqueapp pro from the google store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en

With that installed and your phone connected to the dongle you can add gauges, there are some standard ones, or you can add custom ones, like the dpf soot level as below (thanks to Steve1307):

settings > Manage available ODB2 PIDs
"add custom PID"
PID: 018B
Short Name: DPF % full
min: 0.0
max: 100.0
Scale factor: x1
unit type : %
Equation: C*100/255

I have had a problem where cycling the car from run to off to start while the torque app is connect triggers a MIL, but no other adverse effects.

Steve1307 has also come up with a list of PIDs that can be used, if you have a JG account, you can download them here:
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/ecodi...ml#post1156128

Please feel free to add to this thread if you have any other tips.
Old 06-06-2016

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Can you use the OBD port to cycle the ABS pump to bleed / replace brake fluid like on other cars?
Old 07-06-2016
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts

Thanks Benn0,
Old 30-07-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 201 Times in 107 Posts

Would like to get a baseline on these settings from other WK2 owners. I also seem to get the occasional service shifter error on dash if I leave the Torque app running on phone. If I close app and reopen it goes away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	76120  

Last edited by Lewy2001; 30-07-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 31-08-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 124 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy2001 View Post
Would like to get a baseline on these settings from other WK2 owners. I also seem to get the occasional service shifter error on dash if I leave the Torque app running on phone. If I close app and reopen it goes away.
I got the same error Lewy using my OBD2 dongle and Torque lite. So i've not re used it.
Didn't upgrade to the full version.
Old 15-12-2019
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,845 Times in 2,280 Posts

So a few years on and this thread is still relevant, just not getting success with the DPF PiDs so far, trying a couple of parameter changes but I'm not all that techo with this stuff...
Anyone have any other success with DPF PIDS ???

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 15-12-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 15-12-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 369 Times in 209 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I use BlueDriver on my 2015 Laredo diesel & use the following PID’s to monitor the DPF regen:
01 7A DPF bank 1 delta pressure
01 8B Diesel after treatment status
01 8B Normalised trigger for DPF regen
01 8B Average time between DPF regens

I find the DPF regens between the 68 - 72% mark. Typically I’ll see the soot % level stay the same over approx 5-10km accompanied by a fuel usage increase on the EVIC from 7.4 - 7.5 during the regen. The BlueDriver display has a green graph which will decrease in size once the regen is complete & the soot % will typically drop back to 8.2%. The last regen occurred approx 770 km after the previous one.

cheers

Last edited by TR Laredo; 15-12-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply