My XJ Cherokee's...... - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Well the tranny mount turned up a day early ... And Tony it is not a trampoline its quite stiff ..... I don't know when I will fit it .. sometime soon the 99 isn't going anywhere .. Although it will be interesting to see the condition of the old tranny mount?
I haven't been able to find any hose for the 96 even the father in law (hoarder) has none so I might just have to by a 1/2 meter ..

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Last edited by LuluBelle; 18-11-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 18-11-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

place the studs on a wooden board and bounce up & down on the top

it should not give at all

dont throw the old one in the rubbish straight away
Old 20-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

I know what I am going to the dash bezel ... paint it yes .. wood grain effect I think I saw a 99 for sale on facebook aus jeep parts it must of been a limited by the look of the seats and the centre bezel was wood grain it didn't look too bad and got me thinking plenty of tutorials on youtube it's not that hard I don't mind the wood grain on the 96
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 20-11-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

I put my new tranny mount and my old tranny mount side by side when i was swapping them out.

This is what they looked like.

Its the Crown Automotive 52002334.

Also, have you heard of hydrodipping. Ive had some motorcycle parts hydrodipped in carbon fibre. Its an amazing finish. They can do anything in any type of pattern. It comes up hard wearing and glossy. If you give them a few of your trims, they can match everything up.
I used https://www.hydrowizards.com.au/ and they are in Brisbane.

Cheers,
Old 21-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

A bit of difference there Alex and yes I have heard of hydro dipping its amazing what they can do but I sorta like the idea of painting it myself
still only thinking at this stage
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Last edited by LuluBelle; 21-11-2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I emailed them for a quote
Old 24-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

Did the fortnightly Barcaldine run today in the 96 .... It wasn't a happy XJ 40 deg temps outside pushed the cooling system ... we were kissing the RED but no sign of overheating just purring along at 100 kph ...
It is what it is there is nothing more I can do ... except reinstall my electric fan over ride switch I even thought about getting the aircon regassed (with dye) today as it was warm especially for Herbie (the dog) It will be nice doing this run in the 99 ..
I ended up emailing that mob about the hydro dipping ..
wait n see on that one still haven't done the tranny mount or the power steering hose .. been busy my neighbour got himself a smoker so we have been cooking and drinking homebrew
The AUD is still looking good so I am thinking I should get the last bit I need for the 99..
The pass window does not work switch and motor work fine it is the worm gear PLASTIC
http://www.steigerperformance.com/
this metal bit fixes it and probably cheaper than the wreckers

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 24-11-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

40C outside temps are getting up there Mark. Weve been getting around 34-36C. You Jeep still seems to be getting pretty warm.
At the moment, even at 36C outside, my XJ is not getting over half way. Regardless if im sitting on 100kph, or idling in traffic.

I think you have done nearly everything. Only thing i can think off is give it a home pressure test.

Ive done mine a few times and found some leaks, which will reduce the pressure and increase the temps.

Let me know if you want to check that, and ill show you a home made way of doing it.

Cheers,