Water Drain plug on Fuel Filter Housing - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2022
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,271 Times in 733 Posts

Rang All Grand Cherokee...freight is more than the cost for 3 of em...so be it...will have spares...fixed

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 15-12-2022
Rock Munki

Changed the Fuel Filters without touching the drain plug...bit messy but jobs done....must say the filters yhat came out of it were the 'cleanest' looking filters I have changed on it...very little discolouration...they were RYCO Filters so the 'finned' elements...gave it five or six prime cycles to make sure I didnt screw somethingelse up...and all done...back to being the 'pride n joy'.....apart from the piss poor ability to jack these things up...I actually bought a 3.5t trolley jack and GOOD Jack stands when I bought the car with self servicing in mind...lost most of my 'toys/tools/shed equipment' when I moved Interstate a few years back....some LUCKY bastard bought two VERY good storage units full of the grouse gear when I was 'instructed' to......"just let it go...move on"....hmmmmm

Old 16-12-2022
Rock Munki

Cost for 3x new plugs delivered to outerdustsville... $37....freight component... $20.... $17 for the 3x screws...will remove 'butchered' old screw and replace in 10k time...unless I get extremely lucky n get a holiday in the meantime....learnt my lesson....will be AT LEAST dropping the oil after towing for a distance...maybe head East to the Coastline SouEast of Mel...drop car into All Grand Cherokee for an intake decoke and either clean up or replace all the bits that I have no doubt caused damage to with the excess oil in the intake(see...Exhaust Service Needed thread)

Old 16-12-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 654 Times in 373 Posts

Just make sure you don't bugger one of the o-rings on the screw next - I managed to split mine in half and spent a full day running around Brisbane trying to find a replacement.

Old 16-12-2022
Rock Munki

Thanks for the heads up Le Cheese...I'll be treating it like 'eggs' after the trouble I've caused myself...when I changed the filters I had the back wheel off the ground n front wheel just touching so as to allow me to right underneath...not just reach across...mine has silly side steps on it which lessens the ground clearance even more...but...they do a great job as 'mud flaps'...if you get me...no splash up the side of the car

Old 16-12-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,885 Times in 2,299 Posts

I have some nice green O rings in my O ring collection but now I don't even bother with the drain, I just drop the filter, the yellow plug as far as I can see just opens to the cavity between both filters, besides I get fuel everywhere any way .. next filter change stick your pinky in and feel around........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 16-12-2022
Rock Munki

I have had a look mate...you are correct...it purely vents the open housing when released...nothing else...I could leave it in (the 'mangled' one) and have no problems...but...I 'hacked' it so will replace next service in case I've minimised the distance internally from exterior of nut to housing internals or need to remove it at a later date for 'whatever' reason...no biggies...just the Irish to be sure to be sure

Post New Thread  Reply