End of Fueled vehicles - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-05-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Many like minded I think, I voted the other week as a postal and while I ignored the BS before that date I continued after that date and tomorrow I will sit back and ignore it even more, I look at having 30 years left on this rock, if I'm really lucky, so why waste it thinking or watching politicians, hell may as well watch Golf........... Living in a small town is also a benefit, I can sit on the beach and ignore the lot............
Vote wisely and don't choke on a sausage folk.............
If this bluddy rain buggers off a beer at Bollon Pub would be nice ..............
No EV out there .

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 20-05-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 228 Times in 157 Posts

If this bluddy rain buggers off a beer at Bollon Pub would be nice ..............
No EV out there .[/QUOTE]

Won't hear any wingeing about the cattle farting either. I used to buy a couple of rum and cokes and go sit out the front in the gutter with the dog, he didn't talk politics or religion.
Old 21-05-2022
MonsterMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Will google Bollon...you lucky bustard
Just where I want to be Pete, like to meet the new owners and put the dogs up but at 750kms from me is about $270 for fuel to get there with van so might wait till the price drops down.

Old 21-05-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

At first said to myself "where the heck is Bollon?" Sounded like a one word joke. Or a spelling error. And then I looked it up and saw it was just down the road a bit from St. George.

Now I did stay in St George years ago and was stunned by its mineral museum which one must really see.

But Bollon?

Apparently there are things to see and do but guess what, in a town of 221 people at the last census, there are 87 houses/properties for sale in Bollon. Go figure.

Ah well, I am soon to head up north. Might give it a look see. Probably won't blink though, just in case it disappears in the bat of an eye lid.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 21-05-2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old 21-05-2022
MonsterMoose

Not a lot there but a nice Pub, little store with great coffee, and Wallam Creek with a weir on edge of town where they have a brilliant free camp, toilets, water and dump point with showers available in town only a short stroll away... Creek is good for a paddle, all round a nice place to stop for a few days and the fuel is often a bit cheaper than the big towns.......... One of my regular stopping points on my way west along with Eulo same sort of thing great pub and store but it has an Opal and Leather shop and the free camp is down by the river....

Last edited by drover; 21-05-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Old 21-05-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

mmm.... I guess I will b stopping here soon.
Old 21-05-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Astonishment........ Opens mouth ...... Nothing comes out........ Closes mouth....... Is there a thinking politician left on the planet in the majors that is not being lead around by the nose driven by a wiff of a extra greens preference deal.

I could go on for pages about the carbon footprint these ev create in sourcing the much much rarer raw materials to construct them.

More pages about the the battery supplies that cannot be recycled and anything they do with them now ends in horrific toxic fuses being generated in 3rd world countries that either cannot or will not do anything about it.

How moving our transportation emissions which is something like 14 to 18 percent to the power grid which is something like 65 percent of our emissions is just dense.

But no lm not going to make that point either, or how horrific solar and wind are in long term emissions out put.

The one thing I ll reference from this article is this one hopeles hobo is promising 178million in charging stations the other one 250 million................if normal logical people just sit down and discuss what carbon foot print will be generated by this one round of infrastructure development. The mining of the raw materials for this infrastructure, the earth moving equipment , the trucks the Utes workers will be driving, the fuel, oil and diesel that will be consumed. This is just the starting point of the calculation. This is only for this one initiative. There will be billions and billions of dollars to be spent on these initiatives before there is an even half way workable infrastructure in place. How can this be less pollution that current ice technologies that are for most intents and purposes 100% recyclable.

I'm not actually anti ev, there is of course a place for them particularly for the beep beep style ones for the city, and even in the performance world if going very fast for a very short time is your thing.

We went from horses to trains because it made sense I don't understand how the world got con'd that going from a train to horses is the answer for everyone.

Solution is simple, synthetic fuels !!

Stick a power plant next to a synthetic fuel refinery and a miracle would happen for about one trillion billion dollars less than what governments, that's right, tax payers money has been spent on trying to force a square peg into a round hole that it just doesn't need to go into.

Hydrogen based synthetic fuels which can be derived from methane. So all them cow farts the greenies are worried about could save the planet after all.......ah but behold....no that cannot be because that just doesn't fit their vegan barrow they are pushing either.

But seriously, cow fart jokes aside. Synthetic fuels require no different infrastructure to the fuel truck and servo's currently used and can be tailored to range of emission out comes.

Couple this with the fact that freevalve technology is on the cusp of making it into mainstream production cars we could actually go forwards into the future instead of backwards.

Think about all the emissions created wiping out existing servo's to replace them with electric infrastructure. This can't be more carbon efficient.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeepsgofaster; 21-05-2022 at 11:25 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply