Wh Grand Cherokee Common Faults And Issues - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-02-2010
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My fuel trip computer gets down to 7ltrs/100km. Not too bad for a 4 year old car. Haven't tried towing anything yet so I don't know how that would differ.

My car is now being repaired by the dealer after 2 weeks off the road. My warranty would not cover the cost of the flex plate which left me the burden of having to hand over $2K up front for repairs. This just 6 months after getting the car. My first service 3 months ago was well over $1K. I understand these cars are a premium vehicle but they are just way too expensive to maintain.
Old 22-02-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Mad mick, unfortunately they're all mechanical monsters and i don't mean just Jeeps.
There is a tyre place just back toward the railway line from the Jeep Dealership in Townsville same side of the road who is very good with WH Jeeps, had mine in there a few times last year, good work.
The people at the Jeep dealership in TSV are excellent, good as I've found anywhere in the rest of the eastern states, talk to them about a diagnosis on your clunk, should be a warranty fix.
Fuel economy, well, I tow a 2500Kg full height van, with bike racks on the front and as you can see from my signature picture have a Rhino Bag and two spares in a roof basket - aerodynamically not so good.
Prior to the basket etc, I was getting 17.5 Lt /100Km since the basket 18.5 Lt /100Km at around 95Km/h or 2000 RPM, that is of course in ideal conditions - no wind.
Skinatty, I too had this experience 7Lt/100Km - at both 100 & 110 Kmh -going downhill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To get this sort of economy you must be driving very, very slowly.

Hopefully the 2011 GC will have the 6 speed Mercedes auto box in it, as well as retaining the V6 CRD Mercedes engine.
Old 27-02-2010

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Is as Skinatty said are services around the $1,000.00
Old 27-02-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinatty View Post
Hi all, I have a 2005 WH Grand Cherokee diesel that is currently undergoing a flywheel replacement under warranty by the dealership. This is the second time I have taken the car to be fixed by the dealer in 6 months of ownership. About 3 months ago I had the starter motor replaced and last week the car refused to turn over. The dealer replaced the starter motor and got the car started but found that the problem was in fact the flywheel which was worn. The car has done 130,000km which shouldn't bring up these sorts of problems at this age. I think the issue is the key barrel which when pushed all the way forward turns the car on but does not spring back to the on position like a regular cars ignition. This I fear is keeping the starter motor running while I am driving around and wearing down the flywheel. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Wouldnt happen to be a blue WH CRD Laredo in Brisbane?

JTO
Old 20-03-2010
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

QUESTION ON WH FAULT should anyone know .. have a "service electric brakes' and stability control warning constantly illuminated / local mechanic somehow obtained a code and required part number 05057278ac and said it was a steering sensor in steering column but not being jeep he knew little else...anyone had this before ..
All input much appreciated ( ps 2006 4.7)
( also part is over $1200 .. damn I 'm going back to Merc's - cheeper parts)

Also in Reply to earlier question on CRD economy... my last highway trip in my other jeep Wg crd was 7.6 per 100 at 110kmh / 1 up not towing , SYD to MELB.... not a wh I know but may be of interest to prior post..

Last edited by bilgolaCRD; 20-03-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: addition
Old 21-03-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WH faults

Just back from Tassie where the oil light came on,plenty of oil on dipstick and no more rattly than usual.
Closest Jeep dealer was in Launceston who told me it would be at least a week before they could even look at the car.
Found a great local mechanic who had a look as far as possible,when he put his diagnostic jigger on it said low oil pressure and no3 glow plug not working,he put it up on the hoist,switch was still connected and he also found another bloody oil leak.
Oil pressure was OK so he convinced Launceston to at least put it on their diagnostic equipment,if anything needed replacing I would still have to wait at least a week to get it fixed.
Next day we crept down to Launceston and after about 70ks the light went out and hasn't come back on since,dealer checked it and oil pressure was perfect,glow plug still not working,it seems something had stuck on then unstuck itself.
Overall I'd have to say I'm pretty dissapointed with the Jeep,its the most expensive and also the most unreliable new car I've owned.
Not happy,
Dick
Old 23-03-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well my starter motor went this morning still under warranty only 24,000km part ex Melbourne. Should have the car back by Thursday afternoon. The list is growing first the wipers, then the drivers seat causing air bag light, bonnet strut, tyre pressure senser and now the starter. Extended warranty is looking good when the three years are up.

Lukey 3" exhaust, LT265/75R17 BFG AT's and more mods to come
Post New Thread  Reply