2.8L CRD reliability/issues? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2011
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

x whateveryoneelsesays.

the VM engine is probably the best built and most reliable part of the JK assembly! 2011 models now come with a particulate filter though which is a bit of a downer (earlier models did not).

the 6spd manual is not considered quite as reliable or forgiving as the Automatic, but the 6spd can be driven more economically (the autos can chew a bit).

Last edited by Yom; 01-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was going to start my own topic but as this one is up i may aswell post it in here. Will keep it short for now untill tommorow when i get more time. I will start off saying how much i love the little diesel engine as it takes anything in its stride. I own a 2door jk auto diesel 63000ks on the clock serviced every 10000kms. 2weeks ago cruising down the highway oil pressure light comes up on dash with a chime automatically shuts down engine. Called jeep assist and they had arranged to get it towed to closest service centre as they wouldnt be able to do road side repair. Been almost 3weeks now with a call now and then from the service department saying were having trouble getting injectors out as they are rusted inside the head 'saying its not an uncommon thing' also we have narowed the problem down to being the cam belt at fault. So i let things slide for a few days until i get a call today saying (not quoting) weve got all injectors out and have got the rocker cover off the cause was the cam belt had jumped a tooth causing things inside the engine to spiral outta control damaging to many things and we will need another 3weeks with the car due to we need to replace the engine with a complete new one and we need to source parts from germany. Hopeing this is a one off thing as otherwise engine has been a real fighter except sometimes temp gauge may rise a little doing beach work and long hill climbs. Will keep everyone posted as things proceed. Cheers, grant

Last edited by JK_MANNIX; 01-03-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Which dealer is it at/
Old 01-03-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
Which dealer is it at/
Its at albion brisbane mate, usually goes to mansfield if i have any dramas but albion was closer as it crapped itself 1km away from climbing up the gateway bridge.

Last edited by JK_MANNIX; 01-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My JK died with 397km on the clock outside Horsham on the 14th of Feb

Parts for the DPF were ordered from the US on the 16th.

Its now March 2nd, and I'm waiting for them to call me back with details of where the parts are (not at the dealer in Ballarat) and when I will get my brand new Jeep back.

Based on the answer today, I'll decide which manager at Jeep Australia is going to get my phone call. I'm going to ask (demand?) that they remove the parts from a stock vehicle and get mine back on the road if its going to take too long.
Old 02-03-2011
No Winching

Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

Hope its covered by warranty..... you wouldn't want to buy four new injectors let alone a new engine. Last set i bought for a DI Pug ( Bosch injectors just like the JK ) cost almost $900 each with employee discount.
Old 02-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
Hope its covered by warranty..... you wouldn't want to buy four new injectors let alone a new engine. Last set i bought for a DI Pug ( Bosch injectors just like the JK ) cost almost $900 each with employee discount.
Scheiße! Was it from Chrysler Australia?? A friend of mine bought an injector (OEM 68042029AA, Bosch 0445115067) from eBay shop in Germany for 300 €...

Last edited by EugeJK; 02-03-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply