Filling up! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-05-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Filling up!

Just a quick one was wondering any fellow Tjers have troupes filling up at the bowser. I've only had my Tj for just coming up to a month and i only just noticed today that it's really hard to fill it up is there a different goose neck that you can buy to stop it clicking every time you pull the lever at the bowser.
Just wondering has anyone else had this problem or have this problem and is there a solution ?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 25-05-2011
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea mate, hold the pump so its at an angle of about 10-11 o'clock
Old 25-05-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is a anti syphon ball like a ping-pong ball in the filler neck from what i have herd you can pull the filler neck out and cut the cage off and take the ball out should fix the problem
Old 25-05-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ive never had a problem just put the nozzle in and push the handle down fills just as quick as any other car
Old 26-05-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are 'Ribs' on the bottom of the bowser soput.

Pop it out 1 Ridge (On the bottom of the spout) and I have no problem with full flow.
Fills up no time at all.
Old 26-05-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 95 Times in 77 Posts

since day dot mines been a PITA

with practice you will eventually find the sweet spot where to stick the nozzle with out cutting out all the time. for me its just past the goose neck valve flap and dont have the trigger pressed flat out
Old 26-05-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mine has done the same since day dot...i dont need to twist the nossle to 10' o clock or anything just dont push the nozzle in as far as you would do with a usual car and it fills up fine.....the more times you do it the more it will feel normal and eventually you ont even notice, you just get used to not pushing the nozzle the whole way in