My "Heep" is gone - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-03-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My "Heep" is gone

I have parted with my KJ after ~5 months and ~R20K (less than 7000kms) it is gone.

Took a major loss in disposing of it, but I am free from any further expensive breaks/repairs.

Probably will find the next owner will get a 100% KJ after all I have done to get it fixed up.

Still believe the diesel KJ limited is an awesome vehicle, I was just unlucky in getting a neglected/abused vehicle.
Old 19-03-2008
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

So what are you getting to replace it?
Old 19-03-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That remains to be seen. Should have a verdict by this afternoon. It is a cliff hanger. If I can sort out the logistics by this afternoon, it will be a 2007 2.8CRD Limited 5 speed Auto White. Has 28800kms on the clock with remaining of 3 year/100 000kms warranty/motorplan. Getting it from a Jeep dealership. No more private sales, I now have trust issues
Old 19-03-2008
Established Member

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Don't feel like you're alone Dax, to date I have have had:
Rear diff overhauled
Front diff overhauled
Auto Trans about to come out and be overhauled
New axel
New transfer case
Rewired engine bay due to faulty fuel temp sensor
New intercooler
New air flow sensor
Intercooler hoses
and the list goes on.

All this after getting it in November 07!

It's going back in on tuesday for MORE work and I am seriously thinking of changing the "J" on the bonnet to an "H".

I have never been more disillusioned and dissappointed about a vehicle in my life (and I've owned some real pieces of crap).

Great car off road, brilliant engine and gearbox, just too unreliable.

Just feel lucky you have got rid of it, I'm stuck with mine for another 2.5 years on a lease.

I am just looking forward to picking up my H3 at the end of it all.
Old 19-03-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Ash View Post
Don't feel like you're alone Dax, to date I have have had:
Rear diff overhauled
Front diff overhauled
Auto Trans about to come out and be overhauled
New axel
New transfer case
Rewired engine bay due to faulty fuel temp sensor
New intercooler
New air flow sensor
Intercooler hoses
and the list goes on.

All this after getting it in November 07!

It's going back in on tuesday for MORE work and I am seriously thinking of changing the "J" on the bonnet to an "H".

I have never been more disillusioned and dissappointed about a vehicle in my life (and I've owned some real pieces of crap).

Great car off road, brilliant engine and gearbox, just too unreliable.

Just feel lucky you have got rid of it, I'm stuck with mine for another 2.5 years on a lease.

I am just looking forward to picking up my H3 at the end of it all.
Couldn't agree with you more, I've been very dissapointed with the reliability of my KJ in the past and I've only had it for just over 2 years...a few more years and the lease will be up & then it's time to trade it in for a Slate blue H3 adventure and put some 305/70/16 STT or 315/75/16's...ohhhh yeah!!!
Old 19-03-2008
Established Member

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yeehaa.....

Yup, adventure with sunroof and factory lockers for me too. Bring it on. The V8 comes here in about 12months and the turbo diesel follows 6 months later.

4WD1.com have a 100mm lift kit available and you can go buy yourself a set of fit 35" tyres to throw underneath it with NO RUBBING!

I'm not dissing my KJ too much, I still love driving it and what it can do offroad but every second time I get in it there is something else wrong with it, even being serviced at 5000km intervals.

I was going to get a JK Unlimited next but this little partnership has changed my mind..... H3 TD Hummer it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Renegade View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, I've been very dissapointed with the reliability of my KJ in the past and I've only had it for just over 2 years...a few more years and the lease will be up & then it's time to trade it in for a Slate blue H3 adventure and put some 305/70/16 STT or 315/75/16's...ohhhh yeah!!!
Old 20-03-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am sorry to hear of all your troubles with the KJs. I'm sure you've looked after your jeep properly, yet it hasn't shown on your credibility of the jeep itself

I have only had my 03 for around 6 months now. Done two oil changes on it so far and modded it a bit for my liking. So far there has been no issues, hope it will keep this up