WK2: Peter's GC Modifications - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-06-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WK2: Peter's GC Modifications

Hi All,
I have been meaning to place some photos of my mods to our MY13 WK2 for some time. I have finally got to it after a three month caravaning trip late last year and a house move this year.

The Jeep is fitted with the so called 'Adventure Pack', Quadra Lift and Electronic LSD and we bought it to tow our van and to explore bush tracks etc on our travels.

Mods to our Jeep include 140w roof mounted solar panel, two 55Amp Hour aux batteries under the rear, a fridge slide and drawer system that hinges up to allow access the spare wheel, factory alloy spare wheel, front skid plate and brake controller. The mods took about several months to complete.
The fridge slide and aux battery were completed in mid 2013 before the caravan trip whilst the front skid plate and solar panel were completed in early 2014. The fridge side took the most time with a number of week ends spent fabricating hidden mounting points under the trim before starting on the fridge slide its self. Most of the rear trim was removed to gain access to the body to install the hidden mounting points that would take the weight of the fridge and drawer. Trim from the sills was removed for additional wiring.

All the work has been carried out by myself with the exception of sheet metal work that was done by a local sheet metal shop to my drawings.
The metal work has been powder coated.

The solar panel is a flexible panel that is used for marine applications. It is 2mm thick and is glued to a metal backing plate that is bolted to the roof rack mounting points. Being flexible allows it to follow the roof line and it sits just above the roof rack.

I have placed the photos in an album that is titled "P&L WK2 GC Modifications"
I have no idea how this all works so I hope you can access the photos.

If there is a better way to do it let me know.

I don't assess the AJOR site on a daily basis so bear with me if I don't reply straight away.

Cheers,
Peter

Old 03-07-2014
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Direct link to album
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...hp?albumid=579

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply