Another re call - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Default Another re call

See on the news this morning Chrysler have issued another recall for 2014 Grand Cherokee's. Lots and lots of Grand Cherokee's. Something to do with the gear shift and car rolling away when it shouldn't or something along those lines.
Letters to be sent to those affected VIN'S

link

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/22/auto...rshift-recall/

Last edited by KJ RIDER; 23-04-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 23-04-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 570 Times in 293 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It's hardly the cars fault if the driver forgets to select Park and ignore the chime saying vehicle not in park when they get out, any car would roll away, probably don't bother with the hand/foot brake either as that's also too much effort

Just more Jeep bashing, good on Chrysler for doing something

Bob
Old 23-04-2016
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebreakerbob View Post
It's hardly the cars fault if the driver forgets to select Park and ignore the chime saying vehicle not in park when they get out, any car would roll away, probably don't bother with the hand/foot brake either as that's also too much effort

Bob
Anecdata I know, but none of my US friends ever engage the park brake if they are driving an automatic. Whenever I've mentioned it they say, that putting a vehicle into park is enough. They're crazy over there.
Old 23-04-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:

Bob
I'm going to be that guy - I did this to myself, the chime is the same chime for seatbelt not on, so I was already ignoring it (opening gates on a farm) and the forward movement of the selector got me into reverse instead of park like I intended. (no ones going to argue the selector does what you want 100% of the time are they?)

I caught it before I got hurt (wasn't fully out of the car) but it was close enough to give me a scare.

A different chime would help in my opinion.
Old 23-04-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:

Bob
x2 Bob.

How much more spoon fed do you need to be?? Just look to see if it is in P!!

We don't have any problems with it at all.

Just being pedantic!

Cheers,
Sally

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER
Old 23-04-2016
Established Member

Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts

Watch all the Jeep bashers come out of the woodwork claiming how crap Jeeps are because of another recall.....

I must admit I haven't ever driven a car with type of gear selector so I can't say first hand what it's like, but how hard can it be.....really???
For me, before getting out, even just for a second to check something, it's into P and park brake on, force of habit I guess.

BTW, AFAIK in the USA they call the park brake the e-brake, or emergency brake. This probably goes a long way to why most don't use it, 'cos it's not an emergency. I bet if they changed the name to Park brake, it would solve most of these issues.....eventually..
CSA Raptors
Old 23-04-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 37 Times in 28 Posts

Personally not a big fan of the shift lever and much prefer the one in our wrangler. At least the hand brake works in the GC.
Post New Thread  Reply