windscreen washing system after snorkel - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 95 Times in 50 Posts

My snorkel install was similar to JJ's. Mine was a cheap ebay snorkel, so I cut the elbow off which made the outlet to go in over the shock absorber mount to attach into the back of the airbox. The piece I cut out, I siliconed to the front of the airbox.
Doing it this way allowed me to keep the washer bottle where it was.
What I did with my washer bottle, to keep it in the same place, I cut off the required amount that was needed to make it fit in the factory position. With the bit I cut off, I cut the end off that and siliconed it to the end of the washer bottle.

Jeep Cherokee XJ 10/1997
Old 12-06-2016
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

Mine is a cheapy also, but I cut the existing outlet off and made a new outlet in the same location as JJ's. Nowhere near the washer bottle.
Old 13-06-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
Mine is a cheapy also, but I cut the existing outlet off and made a new outlet in the same location as JJ's. Nowhere near the washer bottle.
thats what immediately jumped to mind comparing prices.

how did you cut & join the exterior section, so that it was neat and dustproof?
Old 13-06-2016
RubiconSlammer

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Still trying to get my head around putting up pics.

It wasn't easy. Making it waterproof was the big concern. I initially used lots of silicone but it leaked. recently I cut a hole in the side and filled the holes with builders mastic. All good now. I'm sure with a lot of care it can be done right the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465775037085.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	74177  

Last edited by Billnick; 13-06-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 13-06-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
Still trying to get my head around putting up pics.

It wasn't easy. Making it waterproof was the big concern. I initially used lots of silicone but it leaked. recently I cut a hole in the side and filled the holes with builders mastic. All good now. I'm sure with a lot of care it can be done right the first time.
looking at your install pic, did you use similar to the pictured kit ?

seems it would be possible to cut & block the outlet end, and bore the hole further up the horizontal section..it looks like you did this?

I may well end up fitting a cowl induction, mine is a '96 with the flat, stock resonator, which I want to eliminate and fit an alternative
Old 13-06-2016
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

good , yeah i have the same of the picture of ebay , a very cheap

and i put a new small tank with hose on the bottom of the radiator and y have approx. 2l for washing now
Old 14-06-2016
RubiconSlammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg View Post
looking at your install pic, did you use similar to the pictured kit ?

seems it would be possible to cut & block the outlet end, and bore the hole further up the horizontal section..it looks like you did this?

I may well end up fitting a cowl induction, mine is a '96 with the flat, stock resonator, which I want to eliminate and fit an alternative
The one in the picture looks very similar, and yes thats what I did. The trouble is that the pipe going through the bodywork is not a right angle with the outer section, meaning you can't just join it with a flange and push it through and hope the angles line up.

A cowl induction would be a lot easier, but, I've heard they are a bit noisy in the cabin, and they don't look as good. You could screw on a dummy one on the guard, only you would know.
Post New Thread  Reply