REAR Bar with Swing Away Tyre Mount - Page 17 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02kj View Post
I have a sheet metal work manufacturer located in Northgate Brisbane, who I am working with at the moment on my commercial project in Hervey Bay.

After discussing my need to solve the rear gate issue on my KJ asap he has taken interested in looking at the project.

I have flicked him the specs' and photos for the the style below

He has today come back with a costing of $2650 Manufactuered, powder coated & installed (excluding Tow bar/hitch) and a min. order of 4 units. 3-4 weeks delivery.

Further details would include adjustment to spare tyre position allowing glass flipper to open

Let me know all who are interested thoughts on this. At this moment I have a commitment for 2 units.
I'm in for one if :

1- made of steel
2- it'll fit with my Reese class III hitch (picture attached)
3- ship via UPS to my home country in the Middle-East
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	49128  

Last edited by jeepologist; 01-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what size do you reckon those tyres are?

Ahh judging by the smaller attachment pic of the other kj they are 265 75 16's!! And everyone here says u cant fit that size??

Last edited by premhk; 01-08-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by premhk View Post
what size do you reckon those tyres are?

Ahh judging by the smaller attachment pic of the other kj they are 265 75 16's!! And everyone here says u cant fit that size??

yes they're 265 75 16's
Old 01-08-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No one is saying you can't Prem. Your not listening mate lol

The bar looks sick and id get one but cant really justify it for that cost.
Old 01-08-2011
Rated the trail

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Sorry but I can't afford it this year - have a divorce going on.
Im so sorry to hear bud....... Let us know if you need anything the next time Im back from the sand pit
Old 01-08-2011
LOST

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

you can run 265/75R16 or a 32" od tyre mate you just need to be prepared for a hell of a lot of cutting front and rear, changing the offset of your rims, adding bumpstops, changing the ratio's and so on
Old 02-08-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouros View Post
you can run 265/75R16 or a 32" od tyre mate you just need to be prepared for a hell of a lot of cutting front and rear, changing the offset of your rims, adding bumpstops, changing the ratio's and so on
above statement is absolutely correct. on the ratio note I'm Lucky coz me kj has the 545RFE transmission
Post New Thread  Reply