Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 123 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveatkins View Post
Thanks again to Clarky for recommending the BlueDriver scanner. It works well & has fixed the problem. From the comments of others on here, I expect the problem will re-occur. But at least while the BlueDriver unit continues to function, I have a means of getting low range when I need it. The unit is designed in Canada, manufactured in China, so I guess it depends on the quality of the components used as to how long it will last.
The dreaded 4x4 service light came back on my 2007 WH late last year. The re-flash nearly lasted 12 months this time and I'm not taking the vehicle back for another go been driving around with the light on.

I found an FDCM that had not been corrupted with the N23 recall on ebay during 2016 and kept it for when the dreaded words appeared again as I was confident they would eventually appear one day...and sure enough just before xmas when I wanted 4x4 low up they came.

So I fitted the reserve and guess what it ignored the message and activated 4x4 low.....so much for Jeep's insistence that it has nothing to do with the N23 recall affecting the FDCM. This one came from a 2005 WH which had been written off before the N23 recall so it hasn't been corrupted.

So now when I want low range I simply fit it and back it comes ignoring the message. I'm concerned that one day the service light may affect it and I'm unwilling to leave it fitted as the service message will probably do that....so I want to get rid of the message...none of the readers I have tried will delete it.

So this is good news to me too I ordered one a few days ago through Amazon should arrive a a couple of weeks.
Old 01-06-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I had the first N23 update and a new shift motor back when it first started out, after 6 months I gave the service centre the up yours and fitted a pre-update FDCM.
Its been in for a couple of years now without a problem. Still registers the C140F code but does not disable low range.
Old 01-06-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Wow what a stuff around I'm glad my n23 was never done FCA have to get there s#{t together, i was thinking about looking at a brand new jeep the other day as they have a good deal going atm but i have a trusty old steed that has done 230k now never let me down and "touch wood" no major problems and i have a fair old pile of spare parts ready for back up (I find it hard to pass up a good deal)
Old 02-06-2017
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07commander View Post
Wow what a stuff around I'm glad my n23 was never done FCA have to get there s#{t together, i was thinking about looking at a brand new jeep the other day as they have a good deal going atm but i have a trusty old steed that has done 230k now never let me down and "touch wood" no major problems and i have a fair old pile of spare parts ready for back up (I find it hard to pass up a good deal)
I purchased a new WK2 late last year when they had the 0 interest, free servicing discounted new price deal going. I kept the WH though she's an offroad weapon besides trade-in value wasn't worth trading her in...the WK2 is now my caravan tow vehicle.

They do have a pretty good deal going atm worth consideration.

They are an excellent vehicle to drive, very comfortable and after doing 6-8 hours towing I did not feel fatigued and great to tow 2500kg of van with, a great feature is the self levelling I have the McHitch tow hitch and with the self-levelling suspension I found there's no need to use a WDH

The fuel consumption towing averaged 12-14l/100k...good conditions 12's headwinds/hilly etc 14's.

I spoke with a lot of people towing with them and never heard any complaints was all positive many who previously owned 200 series/nissans were saying they are a superior tow vehicle and use much less fuel.
Old 03-06-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
I purchased a new WK2 late last year when they had the 0 interest, free servicing discounted new price deal going. I kept the WH though she's an offroad weapon besides trade-in value wasn't worth trading her in...the WK2 is now my caravan tow vehicle.

They do have a pretty good deal going atm worth consideration.

They are an excellent vehicle to drive, very comfortable and after doing 6-8 hours towing I did not feel fatigued and great to tow 2500kg of van with, a great feature is the self levelling I have the McHitch tow hitch and with the self-levelling suspension I found there's no need to use a WDH

The fuel consumption towing averaged 12-14l/100k...good conditions 12's headwinds/hilly etc 14's.

I spoke with a lot of people towing with them and never heard any complaints was all positive many who previously owned 200 series/nissans were saying they are a superior tow vehicle and use much less fuel.
No doubt they are great cars i knew nothing about jeeps and i didn't think much of them until i got my commander (which i bought mainly cause i got it so cheap), the features of the commander are great, it's comfy (i have a bad back and long drive can be hard) it's ability to tow which i do nearly every day (1.5 ton), and its great on diesel, thats 10 years old now and no major problems not even a lot of little problems.

I will find it hard to let of it because it's been so reliable and i have spent a small fortune recently on setting it up for camping and touring.

I would with out a doubt buy a new grand for the car, its just a shame there after sale is so disgusting otherwise they would sell so many more.
Old 03-06-2017
Established Member

Liked 169 Times in 116 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post

Flat out getting that fuel economy AND I'm not towing anything
Old 03-06-2017
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07commander View Post

I will find it hard to let of it because it's been so reliable and i have spent a small fortune recently on setting it up for camping and touring.

This is the main reason why I decided to hold on to the WH, I figured that for what I was going get as a trade and the relatively small cost of rego and insurance compared to the trade in value I was better off keeping it for a few more years and use it for offroading and trips to Fraser etc because I wouldn't want to be taking it to where I take the WH.

Besides the wife and mates told me I'd be crazy to let it go.

its just a shame their after sale is so disgusting otherwise they would sell so many more.

The after sales service is the main complaint I received when talking to owners but those who have moved over from other brands tell me it's much the same you have a problem with the vehicle they don't want to know you
Post New Thread  Reply