What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 288 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-07-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

did me waterpump and fanbelt today.

may i suggest when you get to the point where you unbolt the aircon compressor, you get a mate to support it from underneath while you pull out the powersteering support bracket, then re thread one of the A/C bolts to hold there so you can continue.???
Old 25-07-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Did a ton of work today....

-Removed axle's, removed XJ tone ring and fitted ZG tone rings ABS NOW WORKS with ZG rear disks
-New Nulon diff oil
-Fitted 1" transfer case drop
-Fitted a new draglink (Thanks Wooders!!!)
-Fitted a Rusty's tie rod (the damn thing is massive!!)
-Fitted a Rusty's steering sleve and new tie rod end to pitman arm
-Adjusted the steering box 1/4 turn
-Did my own wheel alignment (Thanks GoJeep!!)

Also...
-Changed engine oil
-Oil Filter
-Transmission Fluid

Last edited by sime; 25-07-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Adding extra stuff ;)
Old 25-07-2009
RustysRocker

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Topped up transmission fluid, changed transfer case fluid, fitted front & rear Solid diff covers (with associated oil change, damn that stuff stinks!), replaced front brake pads and rotors.

Verdict:
Gets power to the wheels better
Stops the wheels better
The gap between the front diff and panhard is now three tenths of bugger all!
Old 26-07-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiferret View Post
did me waterpump and fanbelt today.

may i suggest when you get to the point where you unbolt the aircon compressor, you get a mate to support it from underneath while you pull out the powersteering support bracket, then re thread one of the A/C bolts to hold there so you can continue.???
I have a pre-update, and when I did my waterpump I didn't need to remove the A/C compressor at all. There was a bolt in the centre of it holding the power steer pump bracket which I accessed with a short spanner from the top and loosened - this gave enough room for the bracket to be moved away from the water pump. I did first remove the power steer pump and swing it out of the way.
Old 26-07-2009
Sandgroper

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOoz View Post
I have a pre-update, and when I did my waterpump I didn't need to remove the A/C compressor at all. There was a bolt in the centre of it holding the power steer pump bracket which I accessed with a short spanner from the top and loosened - this gave enough room for the bracket to be moved away from the water pump. I did first remove the power steer pump and swing it out of the way.
Lol yeah same here, I didn't remove it either... But I did try and then thought better of it!!

'98 TJ
Old 27-07-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I got to do that, mine are sitting on my floor, which ones did you get?
rugged ridge
Old 27-07-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Changed the oil + oil filter, air filter, auto trans fluid + auto filter, t-case fluid, put the interior mirror back in, changed the front brake pads and blew the drums out with compressed air after the last months trip to cape york
Post New Thread  Reply