What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 293 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-08-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thought id start modifying the airbox for a snorkel. It'll happen 1 day! Just have to find out wat to do with my washer bottle...
Old 22-08-2009
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjsteve View Post
the draw system, and stereo
Thought often of doing exactly that to get in a double din setup. How is it on hot days without the centre vent?

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 22-08-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime View Post
Very nice install ther xjsteve!! What was involved in moving the heater / a/c controls?

cheers
sime
moving the heater controls wasnt hard, just unplugged the vacum setup and rerouted it over the wiring harness then plugged it back in, had to cut off the top left scew tab cause it interferred with the facer clipping back on and re drilled the screw holes, as for fitting the double din head unit it took a lot of customising to fit that, had to practically cut out all of the air con tubing and stuff behind the dash cause the air con takes up so much room, all that is left of the air con box is the bottom box everything abouve thats gone, no venting to either side vents and the middle vents gone also, but saying that it hasnt affected the air con that much at all, all the cold air just falls out from under the dash and keeps the car chilly, it doesnt blow in your face like it used to but if air cons in good enough order the car cools down quick and stays that way, plus the head unit stays cool and doesnt over heat, we were goin to use a hole saw in the center to make vent holes but that wasnt necesarry, geze there a mongrel car with the dash of, all blow mould plastic everywhere no room to work or run cables, my mate and i hade the jeep totally disassembled for over a week to get all the wires, amp leads and rca leads in and out of sight, my only thing now is i want to do a dual battery set up but there is bugger all room any where in the car for it to fit neatly, the amps fitted nicesly but i am goin to install some cpu fans in the face of the panel to allow some decent air flow over the whole lot, definatly worth all the work thou to have decent tunes, gps nav, dvd player, hands free phone kit and reversing camera ability., i still havent got around to making the drawer to fit over the top of all the equipment yet, but was even thinkin of just putting a drop down door on the front instead, like a cupbourd instead of a draw, what yall think?
www.offroadcartel.com.au
Old 23-08-2009
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Thanks for the reply xjsteve.
Sounds like a fiar bit of work and would not want to do without the vents.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 23-08-2009
Jeepless!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Well i went and spent $150 on buying some new polishing gear and the XJ now looks like this

Won't wanna take it offroad now
Old 23-08-2009
I've Been Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yumpet it looks nices and clean, like its just got a new paint job.
Old 23-08-2009
i am the CIG

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

replaced the glow plugs

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Post New Thread  Reply