Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 286 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-04-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Yea mate run this in my JKR with front bar, winch, lights, sliders, great ride, plenty of articulation and solid solid arms.
Old 18-04-2014
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I recently put in a set of IKON 3" dual rate springs with Synergy tuned Fox IPF 1-3" shocks. Handles & feels MUCH nicer than the 130,000km old OME stuff that the original owner put in! With front bar, winch & step/sliders it sits at 2-2.5" lift.

Also replaced the ARB rear trackbar drop bracket with an axle end lift bracket and yesterday, installed the Synergy adjustable front trackbar and fox steering damper relocation bolt.

It was good to see all the holes still round & the bushes were still ok. Now I just have to see about replacing the ball joints as one of them is stuffed...
Old 22-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

Is there a good "tweener" type tyre in the 33" ,285 70, 265 75 17 range? Something with decent on road performance and low noise but a slightly more aggressive tread pattern than most AT options that anybody is away of?

Interco SS M16 seems to be about the right mix but $$$$$$$$$$$. Something like the Toyo AT2 might fit the bill also.

Seem to be a lot of cheaper "Muddies" getting decent reviews but (possible) road noise has me avoiding them from the list. Happy to either buy local or from US if I can find a deal worth getting.

Likely that I don't need an overly aggressive tread pattern, as the Toyo AT I've got now seem to be performing well for my needs. But just don't "look" like they belong on my Jeep anymore and a couple other things I've got planned definitely require some better looking rubber to complement the Redneck look.

So tyres that-
A. look right
B. something 265 75 17 - 285 70 17.
C. preferably not a massive weight increase (looking around 33"ish tyre weight can vary by 12kg+)
D. won't sound like there's a thousand killer bees following me around

edit- Anybody Northern Brisbane that might take me for a quick spin so I can hear first hand how bad their "muddies" are would also be appreciated.

Last edited by MDK; 22-04-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 23-04-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Have a look at the Goodyear Duratracs in 285/70 17. Couldn't really tell the difference in road noise to stock tyres and a very aggressive AT. Goodyear also have thr 4 for 3 promo at the moment that now includes these. I have now done about 17000km on the and have used 1.5 - 2 mm of tread. Very impressed.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 23-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Is there a good "tweener" type tyre in the 33" ,285 70, 265 75 17 range? Something with decent on road performance and low noise but a slightly more aggressive tread pattern than most AT options that anybody is away of?
BFG M/T KM2 255/80R17 (33.3") could be another option. Not everyone likes the looks of skinny tyres though. You will need to import them since that size is not carried here by the local suppliers so warranty will be an issue. I've just ordered a set of 5 to be shipped from the US.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics011-1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	67660  
Old 23-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Have a look at the Goodyear Duratracs in 285/70 17. Couldn't really tell the difference in road noise to stock tyres and a very aggressive AT. Goodyear also have thr 4 for 3 promo at the moment that now includes these. I have now done about 17000km on the and have used 1.5 - 2 mm of tread. Very impressed.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .
Watched a YouTube video of a bloke in the US that got 50k miles from his. Seems to be a major difference in cheap tyres is the life expectency being significantly shorter. Still seems like the higher priced tyres get more km / $.

Fella parked next to me at the tip today with them on his car. Looked pretty decent.
Old 23-04-2014
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Watched a YouTube video of a bloke in the US that got 50k miles from his. Seems to be a major difference in cheap tyres is the life expectency being significantly shorter. Still seems like the higher priced tyres get more km / $.

Fella parked next to me at the tip today with them on his car. Looked pretty decent.
yea im at 30,000 so far on my nitto trail grapplers and they are still at 80% or more. you get what you pay for
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5
Post New Thread  Reply