4x4 course in SEQLD? - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-11-2008
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Di,
we're very conscious of not putting new members in dangerous situations and there's plenty of tutoring and stops so you're not left following along with no idea. You'd be more than wlecome to ride shotgun with someone else too.
I'm not trying to shove the club experience in your face, just trying to paint a different picture of the Jeep community than some others have done.
245/75 Maxxis Bighorns
Old 25-11-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheers SJB, appreciate that

As to the picture a couple have painted of the "Jeep community" via their ignorance or incredible rudeness, it's not hard to see why there are 1k's of Jeeps out there and only a smattering off the beaten track.

A vast number of young impressionable youths read these forums, many who've just got their licenses and the latest, greatest cult car, a Jeep. They may gain the impression it's ok to just get out there, "give it a go" & go bush-bashing with a few mates and in a split second could end up quadraplegics or dead. Not because of anything they've read mind you, hell no!!!

How I'd love to take some out horse-riding or hunting, slap 'em on the back and say, "Just go for it, follow my lead and learn as you go along" - ditto, quadraplegic or dead!
Old 25-11-2008
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My awsomest quotes from DD
(yeah I know that's not a word)

"learn from watching or talking to others etc. is nothing short of lunacy. "

Seems like you have a better idea than evolution, all animals, including us homo sapiens, are genetically programmed to learn by watching.

" Un-blip-believable! It's gotta be a testosterone thing, there can be no other excuse "

So what you're saying is that because, it's a testosterone thing, therefore a man thing it's unbelievable....... I believe that's called sexism, and I find that offensive.

"How utterly stupid of me "

Agreed. In relation to just about every word you have typed on this forum.

"As for you azasjeep, I wouldn't be so blatantly rude & ignorant as you are when your comprehension skills appear to be absolutely negligible (re 11 year erroneous comment - how dare you poke fun, regardless of your misunderstanding)"

Hey we're just a bunch of uneducated hill billies, can you please refrain from using words with more than two sylables...

"I'm astounded that the public liability coys. don't insist wheelers pass a comprehensive test prior to being allowed off road ... "

I'm sure some fool in a pretty new Jeep will indeed go "wheelin" and make a mistake due to inexperience. And then look for someone to sue.
And then become an overnight expert, form a committee and try to tell us all what we can and can't do.......

As to the picture a couple have painted of the "Jeep community" via their ignorance or incredible rudeness, it's not hard to see why there are 1k's of Jeeps out there and only a smattering off the beaten track.

So you're judging the whole Jeep community based on the opinions of a few. What gives you the right to call people ignorant or rude, when just about every post you make shows ignorance and rudeness.

If you can't even put the little stick thingy into 4wd, how the hell would you know how many Jeep are out there off the beaten tracks (what ever they are).

A vast number of young impressionable youths read these forums, many who've just got their licenses and the latest, greatest cult car, a Jeep. They may gain the impression it's ok to just get out there, "give it a go" & go bush-bashing with a few mates and in a split second could end up quadraplegics or dead. Not because of anything they've read mind you, hell no!!!

Yes, you are right, there are a vast number of impressionable youth who read this forum. And I'd say that most would be thinking what an old stick in the mud you are.

The comments posted from numerous experienced members on here were directed at you. (pressumably not a impressionable youth)
Not once can I find anyone stating that anyone should go "bush bashing with a few mates).

If you took the time to think about some of the advice and answers to you're questions. And stopped telling us what you're expert opinions are, you might actually learn something.
Old 25-11-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDi View Post
How utterly stupid of me not to realise and ATV & 4WD vehicle are different ... they both have 4 wheels, go around in the same terrain/conditions and have a propensity to flip over causing death or permanent injury in the hands of someone with no/little knowledge & experience.

As for you azasjeep, I wouldn't be so blatantly rude & ignorant as you are when your comprehension skills appear to be absolutely negligible (re 11 year erroneous comment - how dare you poke fun, regardless of your misunderstanding), and, as for "telling my life story" as you describe it ..... if I can save one single life by warning others about the accidental death of a loved one then for as long as my ass points to the ground, I will, despite ridicule from the likes of you!!!!

I hear what you all say about going along on runs and learning from experienced members, but they're in their own vehicles enjoying the day, not there with the mindset to teach one from the absolute basics (like how to put it in 4wd) to simple driving techniques, surely?

I'm astounded that the public liability coys. don't insist wheelers pass a comprehensive test prior to being allowed off road ... keeping someone alive in a vegetative state for years costs millions!
I have fine comprehension skills you said you lost your soul mate in an accident 17.5 years ago and to prove it check out a paper from 2001, My comprehension skills are fine Dizzy, Mybe if i got it wrong when your talking shit in the future you could make it clearer.
Old 25-11-2008
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i am a qualified instructor
but i find people will learn better from a trip with a small number of people that are friends or in a club than in an organized course
when it is a small number of people you know you will find it more comfortable to say im not confident or im not sure about that and they will work with you in a course people get the mind set that there trained they wont put me in harms way or i better do it every one else did
you will also find there are often 15-20 vehicles in a course because the people make there living from it so they need to keep the numbers up
but a small group of freinds wont be in a rush
the training courses will often be reasonably easy terain to get all participants though then when they try something harder will get them self in trouble
i am lucky i dont work commercially anymore so i give this as someone that trains but doesnt have to turn people out to make a living
if you can go with a club you will learn alot more generally

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 25-11-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDi View Post
OIIIO thanks for that, I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time.

What a champion among men you truly must be, and ooooh so very knowledgable too, albeit your comprehension skills are a little lacking/selective too it would seem; perhaps if you weren't so busy clutching at straws. I live in hope that we may meet in person one day and you spew forth such pleasantries to my face.

Oh, and one doesn't have to be as clever as you, an uneducated hillbilly, or any other vocation for that matter, to see the paltry number of vehicles depicted in any club event photos as compared to those on the road that would be available to swell membership numbers. I no longer need to ponder why!
No need to wonder, any moron knows its all the latte sippers who buy jeeps for road cars. We dont want them off the road we want them to keep pampering them so we can buy there used ones and destroy them.

PS. I noticed after questioning mine and grille mans comprehension skills you went back and edited your posts, Pity its still there and quoted by others. Any chance of an apology?

Last edited by azasjeep; 25-11-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 25-11-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another good laugh for the day!

There's no surprise in that answer. You and the other Messiahs will forever ensure that the price of coffee beans remain sky high whilst membership remains equally low.

Yes aza I corrected the date ... you request an apology for a typo after you've insulted someone so diabolically over the death of their loved one??? Blow it out your ass bucko!

Last edited by DizzyDi; 25-11-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply