list the issues you have had with your kj - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2007
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDKJ
For going on away.

Try taking 2 kids (under 3), a pram, a tent, eski, bike, camping gear (beds etc), a travel cot (all this is with a roof pod). OK it all fits but I don't like driving with so much stuff, I've not even mentioned a case of Melb Bitter or 2. I really like my KJ but I prefer not to take a load along for the trip. It will get better when the kids get older & I can dump the travel cot (give it a year for the cot) that should make a difference.

that's it.

CD
Buy a camper-trailer! All the camping gear fits in the trailer (bike on top) leaving the back of the KJ free for the fridge and the stuff needed during the day. The KJ (particularly if a diesel) pulls the trailer along easily.

It just so happens I'll have a trailer for sale in a few months, as I've just ordered a new one!
Old 03-02-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeliner
Buy a camper-trailer! All the camping gear fits in the trailer (bike on top) leaving the back of the KJ free for the fridge and the stuff needed during the day. The KJ (particularly if a diesel) pulls the trailer along easily.

It just so happens I'll have a trailer for sale in a few months, as I've just ordered a new one!
I'm thnking about a Camper Trailer in the future what sort have you been using and what are you upgrading to ?

2006 3.7 Extreme Sport KJ
8000KM on the Clock 4000 mine and nothing wrong.
Only Cost $34k.
Old 04-02-2007
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjthuys
I'm thnking about a Camper Trailer in the future what sort have you been using and what are you upgrading to ?

2006 3.7 Extreme Sport KJ
8000KM on the Clock 4000 mine and nothing wrong.
Only Cost $34k.
The current one is a basic soft-floor unit built in SA by a company called Built-Tuff. Good off-road trailer but with no built-in facilities. Upgrading to an Odessy Export hard floor camper with all the trimmings.
Old 04-02-2007
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasar
what are you talking about CRDSTU

the WG has a much better back than a KJ

you can fit about 40-50% more in a grand than a KJ

I have owned both and the grand is a much bigger car inside throughout

don't kid yourself try and get a 16 in bike a german sheperd a 40 l waeco, recovery gear a tent, camping gear and 3 folding chairs and clothes in a KJ

it just won't fit even with the height - it fitted in my WG

PS when I had my KJ the computer reset it self a couple times and wouldn't start - only real issue I had with it - 2003 3.7l ltd

Sorry I should have said I was referring to the new WK/H ? Grand and Commander. WG/WJ was the best out of all the jeeps of yesteryear !
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 04-02-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Guys, sorry to hear you have had sooooo many probs with your kj's, yes, resale is crap, doesn't help when the year after you buy it , it's 1000's of dollars cheaper new, but , it's actually the same with most other brands, I bought a Diahatsu for 32000, sold it 18mths later, could only get 21000, bought a toyota 42000 (surely a toyota wont loose money), 8 yrs out of the toyota, only put 80000km on the clock, was in pristine contition, best trade in 11500. Then I realised they were cars, thats wot cars do, yes, some people have fabulous reliability from ther cars, some people with exactly the same car rue the day thay bought it, unfortunately, it's a bit of a lucky dip.

Myself, very little problems so far with the kj, a couple of oxygen sensors, and, a bit of a feeling that the car should be better, having said that, my feeling of wot the car should be and wot it actually is, are two completely different things. Before this thing I always drove performance cars, and at times I've been fairly critical of the Jeep, as a result anything else feels slow and underpowered, kj's are 4x4's snot racing cars, and I'm learning to live with that.

Don't know what the answer to the space issue is, 3 kids, yep, your gonna be cramped in the kj, get a trailer, not ideal for all situations I agree, but, if your going to take the stuff you gotta put it some where. I,ve seen plenty of Landcrusiers with only two people in them towing a trailer because they "haven't got enough room".

I guess what I'm trying to say is I understand the frustration you are all having, mostly from the dealers and service issues, as well as not trusting the Jeep as much as when you bought it, but, dont think your alone, there are just as many Toyota, Pajero, Rodeo and Land Rover owners out there that feel the same way you do about their cars. Best advice I can give, if it's still under warrentee hammer the dealer, not satisfied with there response, hammer DC directly, HE WHO YELLS LOUDEST GENERALLY GETS LISTENED TO FIRST, and don't stop YELLING until your happy.

If we don't keep buying them, they don't have a business........

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 05-02-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know you guys who bought new are not happy with the re-sale but when I was shopping for a 4WD in the 25k mark.
I found a few 03 TD5 Landrover Disco's in the 24k mark!!
I think the Disco retails new at 60 odd k?

I ended up getting the KJ as it looked better (to me) and wasn't as big
Old 05-02-2007
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
it wouldn't matter if we had a Hummer,
My wife talks about the up comming Hummer that Holden say's they are going to be selling this year. I've not seen them close up (unless you call CSI Miami close up) but she thinks they could be our next family car. For the price & off road ability I would have thought a JK would be the way to go (not for space).

Last edited by CD; 05-02-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply