KJ Owners post your PIC!! - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome Pics & certainly a Fantastic day!! We've gotta do this More often.
Old 02-04-2007
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Great pics fellas !! I hope that was fresh water you were playing in !! !!

Good shutter speed on the camera too.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 02-04-2007
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yep fresh it was!
Old 02-04-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another Water Crossing done in the dEntrecasteaux National Park.
Almost lost the number plate, need to bolt it on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7966.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	19064  
Old 02-04-2007
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That would have drowned my CRD! Damn low headlight intake.....
Old 03-04-2007
Rubicon MOABs

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Looks like great day out too bad I missed it......

Pictures up soon of what I was up to on the Gold Coast.
Old 03-04-2007
Rubicon MOABs

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default When East meets West

Here are a few pics of the JK Sunday drive with Fouros & Family and Team CPC.

The JK I hired was a 3.8L petrol Unlimited (4 Door) I found it great to drive but a little spongey on the response of the throttle at speed, so if you are going up a slight hill it takes a while for it to kick down while you are putting the foot down. Also the on/off switch to turn off the overdrive is not located on the auto shifter as in the KJ, its on the centre console in front of the auto shifter above the park position. I thought it was a poor choice of location because if you want to drop it out of O/D because of the slow kickdown response you have to reach forward to just below the A/C controls, bit of a pain. On the autoshifter it feels like there is a spot there next to your thumb for the button, but its blank. Shifting it in and out of 4WD you get a 4X4 light on the dash unlike the KJ where you get 4Hi 4Lo partime & fulltime. The JK only has partime.Hi & Lo only one light.

It came standard with 31's 245/75/16 but they were HT's I would have thought AT's would have been the go, full bash plates all the way along with not too many hangup points underneath, but what a huge front bumper!!! The rear one needs modding to fit a tow hitch. Rocklizard??

Heaps of room in the back seats & in the rear, larger than the KJ. Has dual airbags but no side curtain, suppose you cant really with a softop. The rear seat goes all the way to the doors, the KJ has a bit of it taken up by the rear wheel arch. Road noise is quite good, with the softop on windows up it sounded like driving a 'normal' car with a window down about 10mm, I kept trying the windows to make sure they were up. The guy at the rental place recons Jeep have a noise cancelling device in the new JK to make it less noisey.

The power windows switches are up below the radio & has two little round lights in them when the parkers are on which are a bit hard to see at night. The KJ has longer slotted lights which are much easier to see at night.

The radio is a cracker, love to have one of them, internal 6 stacker & great display, has connection for wireless mobile phone. U-connect.

It has a built in EVIC in the dash where the speedo tacho sits, I reset the L/Km when I picked it up, 3 days of city driving & 3 hours of crawling returned average 25L/100Km. mmm not so good.

One thing I did notice once again compared to my CRD, is that there is very little "auto creep" (In drive on the shift, foot off brake car just sits there) Just drove my KJ & the car moves off freely in gear & holds on hills. So it was a little disconcerning in a carpark environment shifting between R & D as you had to put your foot on the gas to make it move rather than just taking your foot off the brake, kept looking at the instrument cluster to see if it was in gear or not. Was a little tricky getting up the rocky shaley hills as it didnt hold on hills had to work the brake & accellerator at the same time to prevent rollback.

Was great criusing down the Gold Coast with the soft top down & the tunes turned up, really topped off a great holiday. Thanks again to Fros & Team CPC for making sure the rental got through without a scratch. have a great trip at Camp Coffs & take losts of pics for me.

Now for some pics....

Last edited by palla; 21-08-2007 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Aussiejeepimages lost all my links
Post New Thread  Reply