Synthetic Diesel Oil Perth - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-07-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Synthetic Diesel Oil Perth

Guys,
With the apparent demise of Penrite Synthetic oil for us diesel type people - I have at last found a great new source of quality diesel oil for use in my trusty KJ!

LSA based in Abernathy Road Forrestfied Perth WA ( thats on the far side of Ayres Rock for those of you in Sydney ) produce a fully synthetic 10w 40 oil which is low ash and suitable for all diesels including those with particulate filters - dont have one but it does sound impressive!!

The oil comes in a 20lt container with a special price for AUSJEEP members of $132.00..........compare that to branded oils and you'll save yourself heaps and get a great oil to boot.

I will let you know how a long term test goes using this stuff but already the ole girl is smooth and fuel consumption is down.

Cheers,
Snail
Old 19-07-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Yeah, the Penrite rep in Sydney rang me to advise me that my special order for Sin Diesel was the last cantainer in the warehouse and it was no longer produced. Nutty. She told me to use the semi-syn HPR Diesel 5 (obviously cheaper for them to produce).

My Jeep mechanic told me that his service shop puts Mobil 1 5W40 (Gold container) into KJ CRDs and Wrangler CRDs. Mobil 1 is CF rated, unless you manage to score some Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel but I have not seen any in Australia.
Old 19-07-2011
Spotter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Snail, hows the oil going?
I'm looking at getting some of this oil from the Queensland dealer if I can, but would love some feedback..

Rossow
Old 22-07-2011
Spotter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Spoke to the Yatala (Queensland) store today and they would not sell to me. (Public) Said I had to be a current customer or business.
?? Why?? They just effectively said "No we dont want your $200, please go away and never come back!"
Old 22-07-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have started to use the Gulf Western 5W30 Euro Energy- $150 20ltrs.
I have found the oil now at every 5000k change is alot cleaner than the Nulon or Castrol that was in it before.
This is in a 08 crd wrangler.
And they sent me about 500 oil change stickers for zip free when I asked them too.
At this stage the Wrangler seems to be loving it.
Old 22-07-2011
i am the CIG

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

Cat make a deo syn type oil
availible from Westrac

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Post New Thread  Reply