Solar panels- ideas - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Camping suggestions
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2014
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

My panels are similar to this unit but I paid $550 for it in early 2012 from a mob selling them at the Caulfield camping show.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120W-12V-...a2ed75f&_uhb=1
Old 27-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounds View Post
Hi all,

I am looking at getting some solar cells to charge my Arc Pak which runs the 40L Engel.

Given the Arc Pak can only charge at 6amp/h tops I am looking at either a Waeco 80w 12v 6.67amp kit on sale for $349 while Projecta has a 120w 17.5v 6.86amp kit for $550 RRP at Repco.

Weaco also has a 120w 12v 10amp kit but is that more than is needed?

Does anyone have good stories about ebay buys or any other suggestion

Cheers

Matt

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Hay Matt,
this weekend im at the Gold Coast Caravan & Camping show at Mudgereebah,
come & see me at the TJM stand & I can show you dual battery, solar & generator setups so you can get a better idea of exactly what you may need & how much room they take up in a JK.
my CRD JK will be on display so I can show you the set-up (I havnt turned my fridge off in 6 years).
cheers Piggy.
Old 28-03-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Solar panels- ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy View Post
Hay Matt,
come & see me at the TJM stand & I can show you dual battery, solar & generator setups so you can get a better idea of exactly what you may need & how much room they take up in a JK.
my CRD JK will be on display so I can show you the set-up (I havnt turned my fridge off in 6 years).
cheers Piggy.
Thanks for the offer Piggy but that might be a little hard for me this weekend.

I am heading to the Brissy show in a couple of weeks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy View Post
Hay Matt,
cheers Piggy.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 28-03-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts

I have trawled through eBay these two options looked ok to me.

This one has a 10m cable vs a 5m which could be more useful. And it comes with a bag and Anderson plug.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-G-P-M...e151aea&_uhb=1

This one is SEQ local and has received some good words on other forums. But no bag and only 5m cable.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160W-FOLD...6f3968f&_uhb=1
Old 28-03-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I built a bug-out offroad trailer some time ago, and it runs a 12v 60lts fridge/freezer, has 460 watts of solar panels on top, and uses a MPPT solar charger bought directly from China and works great. I looked at ready made kits but none did what I wanted power wise for the price I was prepared to spent. I bought all panels and cables/connectors from Ebay, and had a lot of fun connecting it all, learned heaps, and got a solar setup that never runs out of puff. I use a 200ah battery. My advice for any one wanting to have solar setup (12v) do some research, and make up your own gear, you get better value in the long run and seeing you do it yourself you can trouble shoot if need to.
Old 21-09-2023

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhatchins View Post
Anyone has experience with the solar water panels?
are those good?
I've recently addressed the posigen customer service here and chose solar panels. This company offers leasing that is very convenient for us.
Speaking about exactly water panels, I'm not an expert, but I think these guys can help you as they have a great experience. You can call them if you want and find out the details.
Old 01-03-2024
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Reflecting on your solar panel purchase from 10 years ago brings back memories of a fantastic deal you scored back then! It's incredible how investments in renewable energy like solar panels can continue to pay off over the years. Your experience at the Caulfield camping show must have been quite a highlight.
If you're considering upgrading your solar setup or exploring new options, Solar Smart is a reliable choice for quality solar panels ireland. With a decade of advancements in solar technology, you'll find even more efficient and sustainable solutions to power your home.

Last edited by tacotabaco; 02-03-2024 at 12:47 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply