Windbooster review - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > REVIEWS & NEW PRODUCTS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-08-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

I've gotta say that if the reviewer likes the result with Windbooster, he'd be ecstatic with a Sprint Booster.

I've used Sprint Booster in both 2014 KL Trailhawk and now more recently 2015 WK2 Limited - and it's been fantastic in both - tho much more so in the KL than the WK2 because the KL's throttle / trans behaviour was much more flawed than the WK2 to begin with.

In the KL IMO the Sprint Booster became essential to the car being driveable by any reasonable standard and anywhere near decently safe - but in the WK2 it's just a nice bit of enhancement to already very nice driveability.

The Sprint Booster has never made me feel like this reviewer describes in terms of needing to be careful with it tho!! - maybe it's because SprintBooster has basically 20 steps of "sensitivity" or the description that Windbooster makes the throttle move more than the accelerator pedal input is NOT the way Sprint Booster works - which is always a direct proportional equivalency between pedal and throttle - ie. zero pedal is zero throttle, 50% pedal is 50% throttle and 100% pedal is 100% throttle - the different settings relate to how quickly the throttle responds to the pedal.

Something the KL used to do that I'm not sure whether the WK2 does is that in factory form there was a RATE response as well as just reaction to pedal position - ie. not only was it horribly laggy, but if you shoved it a bit to quickly it would then suddenly respond way TOO quickly which could be pretty terrifying and bloody dangerous (I had a Subaru Forrester do same thing to me as well tho, so some form of rate response is probably a std part of fly by wire). Once I put the Sprint Booster into the KL tho, all that was gone and it behaved like any normal car - very good and direct response with no sogginess OR sudden unintentional viciousness.

The WK2 is nothing like the KL for those nasty behaviours in original factory form- but it has a kind of gentle initial input - tho if you want it to go then yeah just keep pushing the pedal down and she'll go - but with the Sprint Booster it feels much more direct and responsive straight up from zero pedal onward - BUT without being scary in any way like the reviewer of WindBooster mentions. In both the KL and now in the WK2 we run the SprintBooster on Green 7 (there's "normal" green 1-10 and "sport" red 1-10).

And I'll say again that Sprint Booster does NOT make more input of throttle than the pedal is set to. It really shits me when people WHO HAVEN'T USED IT claim that's all it does...

https://youtu.be/ethKS-GQA1U

Last edited by Trailfirst; 19-08-2022 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added review link
Post New Thread  Reply