XJ: Doka's - My Little Cherokee - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2016

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 61 Times in 27 Posts

A couple of taken the other day..its come a long way but still a long way to go!

and I finally got around to fitting my in cab winch control

Old 14-06-2016

Been a bit of a service time for the old XJ.

Put in a Trans temp gauge so I can see what Temps the transmission runs at..and seems it runs at around the 190 deg mark.

Pulled the radiator to get it flowed and rodded..well that turned out to be new radiator time as we found some previous repares as well as a few places it was weeping. So new Rad was installed..while it was out I also put in a new waterpump, new idlers and swapped it back to a Viscous Fan.

While I was there I removed the stock Tube and Fin trans cooler and replaced it with a stacked plate cooler.

Temp is very stable and sits between 87 and 94 deg pretty consistently. Needs a good run to really see what its doing and I suspect I might need to replace the Fan hub, but will see how it goes.

Changed the O2 Sensors..which was much easier than I thought as I expected them to be a bugger to remove.

Also started to finally get around to mounting up the UHF I bought a while ago. Made a bracket to go under the rear seat.

While I was making it I decided I would put a fuse box in to provide Accessory power for all of the items such as 12v Power, UHF, Trans Temp gauge etc. Prefer to have a relatively easy place to pick up accessory power than try and ferrit around under the dash and find something.

Haven't quite finished it yet, but the majority of it is done..so will finish it this weekend when I get a chance. The fuse box is rated to 30A total load (which is more than enough for what it will power) and is connected to the Battery via a 60A constant duty relay (had one lying around). The relay is triggered by the Cigarette lighter plug which is on accessory power
Old 15-06-2016

Thank you Mr FedEx

Old 15-06-2016
Head Honcho

Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I painted mine in a bed liner style paint from supaheap

Posted on Ausjeepoffroad.com via the ever faulty Tapatalk app.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 25-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I painted mine in a bed liner style paint from supaheap

Posted on Ausjeepoffroad.com via the ever faulty Tapatalk app.
I got them powered coated matt black..for the 80.00 it cost it was not worth my time to prep and paint

Last edited by doka404; 25-06-2016 at 10:05 PM.
Old 25-06-2016

Got the time today to fit the hood louvers..pretty easy to do and a nice kit.

I ended up ust bolting the template to the bonnet and using it as a straight edge to cut the holes. So not quite how the instructions say..but you get that..especially when the drill packs up after drilling the holes and other drill's chuck is to small for the holesaw arbor. Was going to get a new one but after forking out for a new compressor the other day when old faithful went bang..i improvised lol I guess 15 years out of a compressor and going on 6 for the drill I cant complain.

So ended up having to trim the corners out with the air-hacksaw and clean them up with the little belt linisher..just took a lot longer

Now to finish the switch panels and some wiring..

Last edited by doka404; 25-06-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 17-07-2016

Spent the last couple of days installing a Snorkel and finally finishing the Switch/Gauge Panel.

Bought a AirFlow Snorkel and to be honest was disappointed in it. Helped a mate install a 90.00 ebay special on his jeep the other night and that kit was a far better kit IMHO. From the A-Pillar bracket being rusty mild steel and not stainless, to bolts being too long, bolts missing, the stud under the guard that needs trimming to fit the washer bottle back and so on..it was really just one thing after another. I hope I just got a dud and they are not all like that.

Finally in though and all I need to get now is a new snorkel head as the one in the kit is probably the ugliest snorkel head (in relation to the vehicle) I have seen.But Job done just need to put the inner guard/flare back on but waiting on a new washer bottle motor as the front one is stuffed.

Happy with how the switch/gauge panel came up..now to build the wiring harness for it and hopefully get that job finished this week. Mind you thinking I might remake the panel and add a couple of extra switches in to it as spare....but not sure

Last edited by doka404; 17-07-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply