WK2 ARB Bullbar - Page 15 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Which is the best bullbar on the market?
ARB 27 45.00%
TJM 1 1.67%
Ironman 2 3.33%
Other 30 50.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2017
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
if you do get the arb at least upgrade your front springs if going the steel deluxe bar . I have a deluxe bar on my 2014 limited . It's heavy but love it
The guys at ARB told me if I have air suspension (which I do)
it will be fine, add a winch and it's a different story.
Old 11-10-2017
AJOR Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Well I pickup my new Trailhawk on Friday with UNeek rock sliders and front lower bash plate so am looking at a bullbar for mine as well...I had a UNeek on my 2014 Laredo but had to have several mods to it but that was an early one (see my web site for details)... Don't get me wrong on this, I'd say UNeek now have a worthy contender.

Apart from ARB & UNeek, Try TJM they have an Explorer Bullbar (winch compat0 for the WK2 very nice and similar to the UNeek style in alloy and steel.. Also ECB are worth a try as well.. Thw ARB bar is a good and proven one even if looks are a little on the agricultral side..If you're after looks then maybe one of the others
The only bars that will fit the new model will be the ARB and Uneek at this stage. The post march/2017 grand Cherokee has a new front end. Underneath is the same I expect but the bumper is new so the old bars don't fit. ARB available in 6 weeks or so as they are just adapting it as we speak. I will put up some pics of before and after when I get it.
Old 11-10-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy99 View Post
The guys at ARB told me if I have air suspension (which I do)
it will be fine, add a winch and it's a different story.
Have 2 mates with QuadraLift with ARB bar and winch.. No worries so not sure about the "it's a different story"..I'll check with them and get back to this thread.
Old 11-10-2017
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
The only bars that will fit the new model will be the ARB and Uneek at this stage. The post march/2017 grand Cherokee has a new front end. Underneath is the same I expect but the bumper is new so the old bars don't fit. ARB available in 6 weeks or so as they are just adapting it as we speak. I will put up some pics of before and after when I get it.
Thanks for the info Hoppy99..Guess the Traihawk with it protruding recovery hooks must present a mounting issue. The lower plastic bumper is a bit different so intergrating it would be someting needing a slight twig as well.
Old 12-10-2017
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Have 2 mates with QuadraLift with ARB bar and winch.. No worries so not sure about the "it's a different story"..I'll check with them and get back to this thread.
Well, I've checked 3 who own WK2s with Quadra-LIft , ARB bars and winches...No issues, no mods required and ride comfort is as good and 2 have been with me across the Simpson and up the OTT and 3 on the Balfour Track...Might add that one mate is a mechanic who has owned just about every Jeep there is so I think he would know....I'm adding a bar and winch to my new Trailhawk so I have no doubts or issues in doing so...My current WK2 Laredo with steel suspension (not mine tomorrow) has a UNeek bar and Warn winch with 2" lift. Am now looking forward to the Traihawk experience (my 6th Jeep)...Glad to see that it is MC class & not like the MA debacle of WK2 MY15, MY16 and early MY17...KL Cherokee Trialhawk owners (actually all KL models) are not so lucky..No change....MA rated KL Trailhawk!!!!!..What is FCA thinking????..Penny pinching at the owners expence.

Update on the TJM bullbar..They reliable inform me they have gone back to the drawing board to have their bar fit the Trailhawk..Haven't contacted ECB so I guess they will to...sales figures are the determiner.

Last edited by Wanderer; 12-10-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2017
AJOR Gold

Quote:
Well, I've checked 3 who own WK2s with Quadra-LIft , ARB bars and winches...No issues, no mods required and ride comfort is as good and 2 have been with me across the Simpson and up the OTT and 3 on the Balfour Track...Might add that one mate is a mechanic who has owned just about every Jeep there is so I think he would know....I'm adding a bar and winch to my new Trailhawk so I have no doubts or issues in doing so...My current WK2 Laredo with steel suspension (not mine tomorrow) has a UNeek bar and Warn winch with 2" lift. Am now looking forward to the Traihawk experience (my 6th Jeep)...Glad to see that it is MC class & not like the MA debacle of WK2 MY15, MY16 and early MY17...KL Cherokee Trialhawk owners (actually all KL models) are not so lucky..No change....MA rated KL Trailhawk!!!!!..What is FCA thinking????..Penny pinching at the owners expence.

Update on the TJM bullbar..They reliable inform me they have gone back to the drawing board to have their bar fit the Trailhawk..Haven't contacted ECB so I guess they will to...sales figures are the determiner.

When I asked the guys at ARB if the extra weight of a bullbar would affect the front suspension they simply said no but if I added a winch I might need to look at it. That’s all.
But if people are out there with a winch and bar with no problems.. good.
Old 12-10-2017
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
When I asked the guys at ARB if the extra weight of a bullbar would affect the front suspension they simply said no but if I added a winch I might need to look at it. That’s all.
But if people are out there with a winch and bar with no problems.. good.
Guess I'll find out..I'm adding Bullbar & Winch, Long Range Tank, Rock Sliders, Front Lower Bash Plate & Snorkel..Similar setup to what I have on my Laredo. long range tank will balance out the winch.. Well that's the theory...

I've put my order in already for all this kit except my mate (ARB Agent) was at an ARB meeting this arvo and said he was going to ask questions & get back to me on it...Guess he'll call me tomorrow.

Also ARB bar & Winch...One of my mates has 85,000km on his WK2 with air suspension with bar & winch and says no issue..never had one..all good.. I toured with him up the OTT and he made it look easy..nothing stopped the WK2s.BTW hill decent is excellent when going down steep inclines

Last edited by Wanderer; 12-10-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply