****must Read For Camp Coffs Attendees**** - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

And it will be a double demerit point period. They'll have all their radar, lasers, etc working round the clock. This is right off the RTA website:

"Double demerit points will apply for all speeding and seatbelt offences from Thursday 9 April to Monday 13 April 2009 inclusive."

Watch it on the way in, they'll be waiting.
Old 07-04-2009
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Camp Coffs map

Michael,

I have created an OziExplorer map for Camp Coffs by pasting together the "Terrain" maps from Google Maps. The map runs from Sawtell in the south-east to Shipmans Rd/Orara Way in the north-west. 30deg 1"S, 147deg 59"E to 30deg 21"S, 154deg 24"E. Are we likely to be using any tracks outside this area?

The little red dot about 1/4 way down on the left is Nana Glen.

I shall be arriving at Coffs on Thursday afternoon - if anyone wants a copy of the map for OziExplorer just come and find me! The Jpeg is 31Mb and the .ozf file is 16.5Mb, so don't ask me to email them!

If anyone wants to know how it is done:

Open Google Maps, and go to the area you are interested in. Set the map scale to give the definition you want. DO NOT CHANGE SCALE DURING THE PROCESS!!

Print the 1st map page to a PDF writer (print the Internet Explorer page, don't use the Google maps print key as this will not print in Terrain mode)

Open the PDF and use the Snapshot tool to copy the image to the clipboard

Paste the image into a graphics package (I use CorelDraw)

Drag the map in Google maps to the next overlapping image and repeat the process. Align the new image with the first one in the graphics package. Repeat until you have all the area you need.

Export the composite as a JPEG.

Find between 3 and 9 easily identifiable points on the map (e.g. crossroads, roundabouts) and find the long/lat of each of these using Google Earth

Load the JPEG into OziExplorer using the File/Load and Calibrate Map Image function, and calibrate the map using the long/lat coordinates determined above.

And finally, if necessary, use the ImgtoOzf program to download the map to your PDA.

Last edited by Pipeliner; 07-04-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply