2014 WK2 error "service tyre pressure system" - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-11-2017

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default 2014 WK2 error "service tyre pressure system"

Hi all,

As luck would have it, my JGC, which came out of warranty 3 months ago, is now giving me an error. On starting the car I get a message saying "Service tyre pressure system" for a few seconds, then the the low tyre light continues flashing.

I was under the impression the TPMS on the WK2 limited worked using the ABS and sensing a variation in tyre rotation, but all the reading I've done today mentioned there are actually sensors?

Can anyone confirm if a 2014 WK2 Limited has sensors? If so, is this something I can replace myself? Are they available online?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by gjws; 26-11-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 26-11-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 161 Times in 131 Posts

They actually have sensors, the TPMS sensors are within the valve stems, the reader is mounted in the wheel well on each corner. If a sensor is faulty it will have to be changed by unmounting the tyre and replacing it as a unit. Check the codes though just in case as a sensor should have at least a 5 year life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26-11-2017

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperau View Post
They actually have sensors, the TPMS sensors are within the valve stems, the reader is mounted in the wheel well on each corner. If a sensor is faulty it will have to be changed by unmounting the tyre and replacing it as a unit. Check the codes though just in case as a sensor should have at least a 5 year life.

Thanks Skipper.

What do you mean when you say check the codes mate?
Old 26-11-2017
AJOR Gold

Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjws View Post
Hi all,

As luck would have it, my JGC, which came out of warranty 3 months ago, is now giving me an error. On starting the car I get a message saying "Service tyre pressure system" for a few seconds, then the the low tyre light continues flashing.

I was under the impression the TPMS on the WK2 limited worked using the ABS and sensing a variation in tyre rotation, but all the reading I've done today mentioned there are actually sensors?

Can anyone confirm if a 2014 WK2 Limited has sensors? If so, is this something I can replace myself? Are they available online?

Thanks for your help.
If your only out of warranty by 3 months I would argue the point with Jeep. I had an issue with a land rover a few years back and I was out of warranty 6 months. They eventually replaced a $2000 computer chip that was shipped from England for free! Yes I did say $2000....

It might pay off to persist especially if your KMs are low.
Old 26-11-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 161 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjws View Post
Thanks Skipper.

What do you mean when you say check the codes mate?

Sorry for the late reply, I’m at work atm.

I’d suggest you go to a mechanic or even Supercheap and get them to connect their OBD reader to see if there is an internal fault which the computer has recorded. It will tell you which sensor has failed if that’s what’s wrong, or it may be one of the readers for example.

Old 26-11-2017

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperau View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I’m at work atm.

I’d suggest you go to a mechanic or even Supercheap and get them to connect their OBD reader to see if there is an internal fault which the computer has recorded. It will tell you which sensor has failed if that’s what’s wrong, or it may be one of the readers for example.

No worries, thank you.
Old 26-11-2017

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy99 View Post
If your only out of warranty by 3 months I would argue the point with Jeep. I had an issue with a land rover a few years back and I was out of warranty 6 months. They eventually replaced a $2000 computer chip that was shipped from England for free! Yes I did say $2000....

It might pay off to persist especially if your KMs are low.
Sure can't hurt to try.

To date my dealings with Brighton Jeep have been very hit and miss...
Post New Thread  Reply