What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1482 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoondog View Post
I tried for ages to upload some pics but it keeps saying 'uploaded file is not an image' I've uploaded before and it's worked so I don't know what's going on. If anyone has any ideas that'd be great.
I only use my phone for this forum.
When this happens I process the image through "Resize Me Pro" which I have downloaded.
That fixes it.
Old 07-07-2016
Established Member

Liked 83 Times in 51 Posts

Thanks Wazza, I think I've got it sorted now.
The shims I used were just bits of steel I had laying around and as you can probably see where the transfer case skid bolts to the crossmember I put that under the Evo skid and put some shims between them. As I said not an ideal setup but it seems to do the job ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160707_063508.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	74354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160707_063946.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	74355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160707_064013.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	74356  
Old 09-07-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts

Lost central locking a few weeks ago.07 CRD Bitch would unlock and flash lights, but not lock again.
Lights flashed on pressing key button but no lock, and no lock at 24kph either.
Removed TIPM, disassembled, unsoldered the NEC TOKIN 10 pin relay ( new one purchased from ebay for 5 bucks } and put in a new one. (vacuum desoldering tool cost 200 its worth it...)
Crossed fingers, reassembled, and it actually works again!!!
Fuel pump relay replaced as well just in case.
Hope this info helps another JK driver.

Last edited by mick666; 09-07-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 16-07-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

took delivery of the smittybilt stingray bonnet and now wating for other goodies before painting.
added weathershields, smittybilt tailight guards the mopar fuel door and also black angry bird grill. a big thanks to jeep Konnection for quick delivery .
Old 16-07-2016
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Pulled the military loom and NATO plug out of the trailer and rewired with a flat 7 pin plug, almost ready to go for rego, I hope to finish it off tomorrow.

Cheers
Steve
Old 17-07-2016
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

MY15 (petrol) Replaced rear muffler with glass-packed Lukey sports muffler for audible note, however pleasantly surprised by the subtle, but not unnoticed performance, smoothness even low in the rev range. Small, all black muffler is much neater that the tin/silver coloured old one and not visible from back unless looking up from the ground.

Replaced the Uconnect 235 REQ 6 stacker CD with 731N RHP MyGIG Nav HD 6.5"screen & bought a new Mopar reverse cam - not cheap @ $389 but apparently module to get 3rd party to work are even more expensive.

ordered a GPS active antenna with FAKRA connector from RF Outlet in AU for $19.20 for cheaper 'under dash' solution as the OEM antenna + cable = $274.

Last edited by Monyx; 17-07-2016 at 11:53 PM.
Old 17-07-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Small time modifications - just adjusted speedo and tpms with an AEV ProCal while drinking the morning coffee. Note the TPMS can be adjusted down to alarm as low as 22psi. Speedo adjusting to match current tyre sizes from original. All done in a few seconds, wish I'd done it ages ago.
Post New Thread  Reply