What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 166 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,926 Times in 2,318 Posts

Looks the goods but I wouldn't be using the K&N filters outside the city myself. Don't forget the 27mm socket .

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 01-07-2023
I just registered

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Today i spent 3 hours trawling the forums here to get some info on what are the best driving lights for my 2012 Grandy, and how best to wire them up.

You Cant Fix Stupid, Even with Duct Tape!
Old 01-07-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKWK View Post
Have changed to K&N air filter.
get rid of the k&N and stick with the factory mopar filter. It will fill up faster than an only fans bank account once you get anywhere near dust . It's throw codes like no tommorrow
Old 03-07-2023
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Decided to get stuck in and install the brake controller, ESC anderson plug, the other gray anderson plug and the wiring for my reverse camera the other day and finished tidying it all up today.

i swapped the bus bar around and ran the (-) cable to the chassis as the bolt was bigger and it easied me abit better, i still have to get the auto electrician to wire the brake controller up as i don't wanna hack into brake wires. And i think i might remake the bracket for the anderson plugs as it is only held with one bolt and might move around once connected to the van so i might make the top longer to reach both bolts and prevent twisting.

Old 03-07-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default new windscreen

so i had to leave my car outside for a couple of nights and the star chip in the windscreen became a crack running across the windscreen

Obrien Glass did the job insurance paid so all good

hmm wonder what's next, suppose i wait for the next chip

grrr
Old 03-07-2023
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Looks the goods but I wouldn't be using the K&N filters outside the city myself. Don't forget the 27mm socket .
Interesting that Murchison Products specify K&N filter as an option with their snorkel kit. My 5 minute Google search seems to indicate that the penalty of the extra air flow is that it lets more dust through than a paper filter so might just use the K&N around the city and stick to paper filter if heading bush.

Yes, got the 27mm socket sorted!

This is pic with new 18" wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230703_203822.jpg (139.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by PKWK; 03-07-2023 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,926 Times in 2,318 Posts

Being a Sunday its my weekly " Lift the lid for a Lookie day", poke around with led torch , today the heart skipped a beat as a red snail trail below thermostat was spotted, thankfully it was only the hose clamp had failed, new better quality job , I hope, fitted...... My nice shiny S/steel bash plates means a look at them shows up any drips of stuff, thankfully still nice and clean, well dusty/sandy but no drip stains...................... a spare thermostat has been on the list for a long time, might be due to get scratched off the list ..................... With no engine cover fitted makes a quick look way easier to see things not quite right .......

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply