2019 - Its time for Jambo to come to Queensland - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Events and Competitions > National Jeep Jamboree 2019
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
It's all still a go!

You will be able to purchase tickets before Christmas, along with merch.

Dates and locations are all exactly the same as stated!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Cool, been waiting for the website to go live and had almost given up as it looked like it had gone cold. Will hang out a bit longer for prices etc

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-11-2018
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Registrations now open!

https://www.jeepjamboreeaus.com/

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 62 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyvokka View Post
Thanks Doug and please post the answer here, thanks mate.

Certification rules vary between states of course and I don’t know how they are enforced. Don’t want to assume anything, I could lose my rig there..

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4...er-road-rules/

Happy holidays
I really wanted to come but I also won't be bringing my 6" lifted wj for fear of getting bent over the bonnet
Old 02-12-2018
NE Division

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec View Post
I really wanted to come but I also won't be bringing my 6" lifted wj for fear of getting bent over the bonnet
TMR have backflipped on their quest to sticker ESC equipped vehicles and actually endorsed the NCOP recommendations for lifted vehicles which is great news for the Fun Police state.

As you're out of state though, this might be of interest

https://mr4x4.com.au/interstate-vehi...t-be-defected/

Cal

CJ3A
It's a ROCK, get over it!!
Old 03-12-2018
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

There is no difference in chance really off being picked up local or in QLD, we just went through an RBT in a 7" lifted commander (hemi of course) and didnt even get a second look lol
Old 04-12-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

can you buy ticket just for a day or two?
Old 30-12-2018
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default QLD defect Popos

Due to the ongoing shenanigans there, I would have to evaluate my participation unfortunately. The potential consequences of being defected would just be a nightmare to deal with.

This is the one of the latest QLD popo defect for a legal NSW vehicle. The bullshit keeps happening.

How would one deal with it if defected and being a thousand kms away from home with no additional leave from work. How much $$$, efforts, headache, heartache etc, would that cause.

Cops are tops....yeah right!

Mark Bailey MP - Labor for Miller recently promised modified vehicles from other state jurisdictions would not be defected if they were legally modified in their home state and came to Queensland. Seems he forgot to tell Mark Ryan MP, as Queensland Police Service continue to defect interstate vehicles which are legally modified in their home states.

After crossing the Noosa River via the Tewantin Ferry, Chris was driving his NSW registered (one month old) Toyota Hilux SR5 up the Teewah Beach (Noosa North Shore) and was stopped by members of Nambour Road Policing Command conducting speed, RBT, and vehicle compliance testing (all being filmed by 7 News Brisbane crew). Initially the police officer was going to book Chris for not displaying his "P Plates" - Chris has held his license for 14 years in NSW and is qualified to drive "B" Doubles / Road Trains... he has a P1 rider code as he has started riding a motorcycle, but this does not mean his whole license and all his codes drop back to "Provisional". Chris won that discussion, which we understand was captured by the Channel 7 News crew.

The officer then turned his attention to the modified vehicle, and after much conflicting debate, Chris was issued with a "Drive/Park a Defective Vehicle" Traffic Infringement Notice, which we note has NO TECHNICAL DETAILS ABOUT THE DEFECT ON IT. Unfortunately, the news crew had moved on by this stage.

Vehicle modifications legislation and certification in NSW is not the same to QLD, we use "fixed limits" of 50mm increase of tyre diameter, while NSW is percentage based on 7%... i.e. you can increase tyre diameter in NSW up to 7% by yourself, then engineering is required for any increase over this size - and you don't have to submit requests and approvals to the transport department, the Approved Persons / Engineers can do this within their own workshops "at the coal face".

Chris's Hilux is fitted with a Tyre Placard which says the tyre size is 265/60R18, meaning it has a diameter of 749mm. However, the NSW standards states engineering / certification is required when: "A change in the diameter of the wheel and tyre combination in excess of +/- 7% of the largest size specified by the vehicle manufacturer." But the Tyre Placard does not show the "largest size specified by the manufacturer", this detail is located on "Road Vehicle Certification System" (RVCS) website, and states the Hilux SR5 has three different tyre sizes for this vehicle make and model; the Tyre Placard has NEVER been the source of truth for tyre measurements. RVCS is a federal system aligned with ADRs.

RVSC tells us the Toyota Hilux SR5 has a largest tyre of 265/65R17 (diameter of 777mm) and Chris has fitted 285/70R17 (diameter of 831mm), this means 831mm-777mm = 60mm diameter increase (Illegal in Queensland), however 831mm/777mm*100 = 6.9% (Legal in NSW, as its not in excess of 7%).

The 4WD Queensland Association continues to be concerned with the vehicle modification issues and misalignments across state jurisdictions, and how they are interpreted and enforced by QPS, if they don't understand interstate legislation. We are also concerned there may be many more Traffic Infringement Notices which have been issued in error, but the recipients are not aware of their rights and their allowed standards, or bothered contesting the fraudulent tickets. This has a marked effect on our state tourism, with many people still cancelling trips and activities our clubs have planned for 2019.

We have asked Mark Bailey MP - Labor for Miller many times to meet to discuss these issues, however we've been advised by another Queensland ALP MP that "he has no intention" to meet with us. That's sad he's not interested in talking to the community that helps vote the government in, and who represents his key government portfolio.

We do acknowledge Mark Ryan MP has forwarded our previous concerns regarding the misuse of Type 2 Illegal Modifications (Anti-Hooning Legislation) to the Queensland Police Service, and we are meeting with the Operation Commander of Road Policing Command on Wednesday to discuss these points - thank you.

It is time we start aligning correctly. FYI - All states and territory registration authorities were asked at the last Australian Motor Vehicle Certification Board (AMVCB) to adopt the NSW suspension / tyre and rim manuals, in lieu of the NCOP sections. TMR haven't made that public, nor asked for community feedback, have they passed these details onto the Minister when it’s such a contentious issue, or keep it internal of the department?... time will tell. Or you can ring them up and ask them...

QPS: Please start putting technical details on Traffic Infringement Notices, stating the exact reason for the infringement. People have the right to be able to look this detail up and validate it has been issued correctly… “drive defective vehicle” doesn’t cut it.

We urge any person who thinks they have been given a Traffic Infringement Notice incorrectly, to always check it, and contest it in court if need be. As soon as you pay an incorrectly issued TIN, you're accepting guilt; don't plead guilty if you have don't the crime.

#TimeToAlign
#StopTheNannyState
#PayBackTheLiftFines
#StartListeningToThePeople

4WD Australia
Four Wheel Drive Victoria
4WD NSW & ACT
4WD South Australia
WA 4WD Association
4WD Tasmania
4WD Queensland Association
Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association
Department of Transport and Main Roads (Queensland)
Qld 4x4 Refund Lift Fines
Shooters Fishers and Farmers Party
LNP - Liberal National Party
Queensland Labor
Andrew Laming MP
Steve Minnikin MP
Trevor Watts
Tim Nicholls MP
Luke Howarth
Gabe Buckley - Liberal Democrats QLD
Nick Dametto MP
Katter's Australian Party
Mark Bailey MP - Labor for Miller
Mark Ryan MP
Deb Frecklington MP
Annastacia Palaszczuk MP
Don Brown MP
Scott Morrison (ScoMo)
Michael McCormack
7 News Brisbane
9 News Queensland
10 News First Queensland
A Current Affair
Australian 4WD Action
4X4 Australia
Pat Callinan's 4x4 Adventures
Roothy
Roger Vickery

Last edited by Tyvokka; 30-12-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply