Stalling - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 4 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy91 View Post
Had a similar problem on my old car. Sounds like it is worse for you under load while towing? If you haven't changed the spark plugs id change them. That is what caused my dramas on my old XJ 4.0. Best of luck
Done that in Broome, ta

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Drove last night till 12.30 and it ran perfectly, also this am from 06.30 to 08.00, in the cool.
Really confused here, maybe I'll just drive at night till I get to cooler south.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
that's not good does it restart when cold?
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Yep

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelo25 View Post
Drove last night till 12.30 and it ran perfectly, also this am from 06.30 to 08.00, in the cool.
Really confused here, maybe I'll just drive at night till I get to cooler south.

Might be worth putting some washers under the bonnet hinges so as to lift the back of the bonnet up to let some of the heat out.

Cheers
Sponsored Posts
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 178 Times in 141 Posts

I reckon you may have a vapor lock issue.

Do you have any accessories on the front of the car, or in the engine bay that could reduce airflow around the fuel components? Have you rerouted fuel lines at all?

It may be as easy as insulating or rerouting fuel lines, pretty easy to experiment with.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

I have a 22 inch light bar that's mounted on the nudge bar (been there awhile) and wire fly screen covering the bottom part of the radiator grill, also been there awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
I reckon you may have a vapor lock issue.

Do you have any accessories on the front of the car, or in the engine bay that could reduce airflow around the fuel components? Have you rerouted fuel lines at all?

It may be as easy as insulating or rerouting fuel lines, pretty easy to experiment with.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 178 Times in 141 Posts

It may be worthwhile removing these parts temporarily to see if it helps the situation. Often it doesn't take much to change the cooling performance of the car or in your case reduced airflow through the engine bay to keep some other components cool.

Cheap and possibly easy to try this than to keep trowing parts at it.

Also if there is anything new or changed inside the engine compartment experiment with these items too.

Jason
Old 3 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Just read in another WJ post about a v8 that had what sounds like similar issues. He eventually, after doing nearly everything I've done, found it to be the MAP sensor.
Does this sound plausible?