KK: In Dad's memory - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-09-2018
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Great to see you keeping the spirit alive!

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 30-09-2018
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Thanks for the section move and retitling the build mate. Very thoughtful of you.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Last edited by Gojeep; 30-09-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2018
LokRinger

Well look where the GOJEEP plates are now!

I couldn't leave it stock with my custom plates on there now could I! Might still need a little lift too.

Got the biggest tyre I could fit without having to start trimming and regearing. Front is a bit tight but doesn't rub anywhere.

Rear has plenty of room.

The wheels are PDW Exide 17x8" with +35mm offset. That brings the wheel only 5 mm further out than stock and the 245/70R17 Toyo Open Country ATII another 5 mm. Overall width 20 mm wider but track change is only 10mm. Well within legal limits and good for the bearings and steering etc.

Tooks a few weeks of cleaning and detailing to get it looking this good as don't think it was washed or vacuumed once in the last 5 years that I remember!

It has been cut, polished and waxed 3 times in as many weeks! The paint felt like sand paper before I started.

My web site:
Old 10-10-2018
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Looks great. I’d be surprised if you don’t report some damage to the rear of the front well liners in the future. The first flex test while turning the wheels should about do it.
Old 10-10-2018
LokRinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnut View Post
Looks great. I’d be surprised if you don’t report some damage to the rear of the front well liners in the future. The first flex test while turning the wheels should about do it.
I'll keep an eye out on it and will fold the pinch seam if necessary.

My web site:
Old 26-10-2018
LokRinger

Typical of drive by wire systems there was terrible lag in the first part of the throttle travel. So I bought this Wind booster C8 throttle controller by Cammus. #EYC124A. Its only the size of a matchbox.

To install it you only need to unplug the harness from the top of the throttle pedal assembly. Press the tab on the plug to release it.

Then take the original plug and fit it to the throttle controller harness. The other end just goes where you took the original plug out of the throttle assembly.

I mounted it between the steering column and the centre part of the dash, (RHD). The wire I just pushed in between the two panels.

Can see the wire come out on the far left and then run in behind the alloy column mount.

Then zip tied along the existing harness keeping away from the rotating steering shaft.

The left button is the mode one where it has 4 options. Off, ECO, C1 and C2. ECO is slower than stock for low range in rocky terrain for instance. C1 and C2 are both faster. Each of these modes have 10 settings, adjust up and down via the two right buttons, to give 30 variations of throttle response. I found C1 level 5 the best. It has really made it feel alive and you would have thought it has had a power boost! That dead pedal feeling is all gone.

My web site:
Old 27-10-2018
LokRinger

Sometimes it is the little things that can make a big difference. The factory leather heated drivers seat had lumber control as well. But for my back it was painful to sit for more than 1/2hr, even with it on the minimum setting, as pushed my lower back into too much of a curve. I found I was able to unzip the cover at the back and remove the lumber support frame that the cable pulls against when adjusting. I have since done a couple of non stop 2hr journeys without any back pain.

To break up the white expanse of the bonnet I had a blackout panel fitted.

Was fitted to the Arctic version of this vehicle in the USA. Also seen on the Liberator II on one of the Mopar Underground vehicles in the 2009 Easter Jeep Safari.

I choose satin black and the local car wrap place did it for me. Looks more masculine now I think.

My web site:
Post New Thread  Reply