"I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-06-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxix View Post
what does that mean? slapping on the black-top ??
That's the noise aggressive tread, cheap muddies make on the bitumen....slap, slap, slap, slap, slap....drive a person friggen crazy, along with the whine that accompanies the slap, slap, slap, slap...............

Admittedly, the BFG KM2's are pretty quiet, but haven't seen to many of these quality but expensive M/T's being used by the "local lads"
hahahaaa

Last edited by warod; 17-06-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 17-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: "I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malJohann View Post
So, I thought I'd also wave at other Jeep drivers, since I'm now a Jeep owner. Over the weekend I waved at; 1 red KK, 1 black JK, 1 black JKU, 1 white WK2, and 1 kitted burnt orange JK. Only the last guy waved back. The only one I didn't wave at was a TJ in my rear view mirror, because I didn't think he'd see my wave. Was an old guy that promptly chased me down, so he must have thought the same of me! Anyway, I was looking forward to Jeep camaraderie so much and now I'm a bit disappointed, won't stop me waving at all and sunder whether that's a mom in her taxi or a bloke in his rig, but still. Anyone experienced this "I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety? This was in Point Cook, VIC by the way. I was the guy in the silver KK to whomever waved back at me from the orange JK on Point Cook Rd by the way.
I think that was me that waved. Orange jku Rubicon!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
Old 17-06-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default "I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashman View Post
I think that was me that waved. Orange jku Rubicon!
Cheers mate! Yeah, come to think of it, I think it was a JKU with snorkel?
Old 17-06-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warod View Post
That's the noise aggressive tread, cheap muddies make on the bitumen....slap, slap, slap, slap, slap....drive a person friggen crazy, along with the whine that accompanies the slap, slap, slap, slap...............

Admittedly, the BFG KM2's are pretty quiet, but haven't seen to many of these quality but expensive M/T's being used by the "local lads"
hahahaaa
km2's are not quality in my opinion, they are noisy and overpriced junk if you ask me... nor do they grip the rocks anything like my trail grapplers at half the cost.... perhaps the young lads have better sense than you?
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5
Old 17-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladey View Post
km2's are not quality in my opinion, they are noisy and overpriced junk if you ask me... nor do they grip the rocks anything like my trail grapplers at half the cost.... perhaps the young lads have better sense than you?

ohhhhh ZING!!!!
but mean some people will rave about the KM2's though sooo...
Old 17-06-2013
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

I thought I would test the wave theory out today and for the first time I only saw two JKU's on the return trip into town, normally I would see half a dozen Jeeps. The first one gave a wave, looked like he had aftermarket AT's on and the second one was a chick in a standard and that was no response, so today was 50%
Old 17-06-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladey View Post
So, what were you running your KM2's on, your JK ?