I am thinking of replacing the old radio/cassette player in my '95 XJ with a CD/MP3 player. Has anyone tackled this before? I am particularly interested to know:
1. Will a CD player fit? I understand that CD players are deeper than radio/cassette players (due to the diameter of the disc).
2. How do you remove the old unit?
3. Do you need to remove the dash?
4. What are the colour codings on the wiring?
5. Does the existing harness use RCA plugs (which I think are commonly used on generic CD players)
6. Any other traps for the inexperienced player?