Crushu's 66 Mustang BLKPNY - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > The Public Carpark
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-05-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Crushu's 66 Mustang BLKPNY

We were going on a Holiday to the US, for a week, to watch the Drag Racing. It blew out to just over 3 weeks...
A mate says to us, buy a musclecar, and drive it around, then bring it back and sell it at a massive profit, and pay for some of your holiday.... Good idea (I'm easily led...).
Start looking, and find a Mustang, big motor, all Pro Street style.... mostly restored.
Way too early, the seller can't hold onto it, so I get it shipped over anyway, and organise a hire car for our trip. It was on the water to Australia, when we were there.

We get home, car arrives a week or 2 later, and was dodgy as! the 393 stroker with aftermarket heads etc, was a mild 351w. the diff was stock, the auto was pretty stock.... Most of the interior was unusable, and the paint was a quicky respray.... he saw me coming!

In the past 5 years, I've built up a nice 418 stroker, alloy heads, solid roller cam, Holley 950hp carb, twin 3" mandrel bent exhaust, race C4 auto, 4500rpm convertor, 9" with 31sp alloy axles, 3.5 gears and minispool (out of my F truck). Fitted discs all round, redone steering, fitted all new accessories to the interios (knobs/handles etc), new shifter, new steering wheel, guage pods on the pillar, Convo Pro's (15 x 8.5 rear, and 15 x 4 front).

Took it to work to show the boys, and a chick in a Proton runs straight into the back of me, as I'm turning onto the highway!
Full respray later, got it back in November, took it to Summernats (I took it a couple times before) and had a ball.
Was driving it to a mates place, and got caught up in the big hail storm we had in Vic, and now it looks like it will be getting resprayed again!!

I have a blower manifold sitting at home for it, thinking about putting the blower off the F150 on it. I have also just had a Dakota Digital dash kit arrive, which I will be fitting sometime soon. I am looking to put a 6 point 1/2 cage in it, and to take it to Calder for some runs, maybe later in the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badboy.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	40078   Click image for larger version

Name:	blkpnyfront.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	40079   Click image for larger version

Name:	blkpnyrear.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	40080   Click image for larger version

Name:	blkpnyside.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	40081   Click image for larger version

Name:	signwriting.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	40082  

Old 13-05-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More Pics....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blkpnyengine.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	40083   Click image for larger version

Name:	coolpic.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	40084   Click image for larger version

Name:	CVEMustangReflection.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	40085   Click image for larger version

Name:	luckyboy.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	40086  
Old 13-05-2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good to see a mighty stroked ford

Got more details on your motor ie what heads, manifold, rods, crank etc your running and compression.

If i can get my pics to upload will post some of my falcons tonight.
Old 13-05-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

That is one beautiful Pony.Phwoar!!!!I hope those chicks didn't scratch her
Old 13-05-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The motor specs:
69 351w block, bored, decked, steel 4 bolt mains caps, mains girdle, modified to fit flat on the caps
Scat steel 4.1" crank, Scat steel H beams, ARP bolts, Arias forged pistons
Russell oil pan, Mellings standard volume pump, ARP shaft
Edelbrock Victor Junior heads, Yella Terra roller rockers
Crow solid roller cam, lifters etc
Super Victor manifold
OZ Nos 2 stage nitrous kit, was planning on running 200hp thru it at the track, polished alloy bottle, billet brackets etc (not going to use it now, the car needs reinforcing with the power it has).
Holley 950hp carby, Magnafuel 500 pump, -12 line from tank to pump, -10 to the front, -8 to the carby, all in Braid

Compression not known by me, but was built for Mobil 8000 fuel. Whilst being tuned, it made 230rwkw, with about 1000rpm to go, and broke the rear uni.
Car has not finished being tuned yet, we are going to order a new ICE ignition for it, and try and finish the tune.
New tailshaft, 3" thickwall, with forged slip yolk, and forged pinion yolk, and 1350 unis. It won't break again.....
Old 13-05-2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Top Stuff, with the ICE setup you should have no problems cracking over 300 at the wheels. If you dont id be ripping the engine builder a new one
Old 13-05-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mmm... talking real kw here, thru a 4500 rpm convertor etc.
Same dyno dynoed a 351c from the same builder, made 240rwkw, and runs 10.90's at calder, on radials, in an XY.

I would doubt it will make 300 rwkw on that dyno, with the cam setup it has.