Good sites with FAQs for beginners - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2007
Established Member

Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I tried the trick it says on this site http://www.wranglerforum.com/tj-chat...codes-358.html

for jeeps with the sentra key ignition for 98 and newer jeeps as mine does and it worked but I dont know how to read the ignition code. It just went 0000000 then 1111111, 2222222, 3333333, 4444444, 5555555, 6666666, 7777777, 8888888, 9999999 then it went back to the odometer reading. However the check engine light only came on for 3333333, 4444444, 5555555, 6666666, 8888888 therefore i thought the code was 34568 but that doesn't make sense.

So my question is what is the code???
Old 18-10-2007
Rubicon Pentastar!!

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Grateful

I have been looking for info like that for ages! Thanks heaps!!!
Old 04-12-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

After hours of searching multiple threads I have reached the conclusion that there is at least one sequence of error codes apparently missing from all posted lists , this may be a sequence only applicable to later models I just don't know and a couple of No's in this sequence do appear on some lists, but only a couple that I have found.
The no's sequence that appears to be absent is from - P1001 to P1099 , there may indeed be others , again I wouldn't know.
For those seeking the error code P1053 it is according to Chrysler (yesterday) the upstream exhaust 02 sensor (top of exhaust) this is on a 6 month 06 TJ .
Old 13-02-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All, i just got my 1st Jeep, a stock 05 TJ with 55,000kms, I love it! After a week of owning it the engine light came on, i ran the key test(on-off-on-off-on) and i have the code P2098. This code is means "P2098 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Low Limit "
Anyone know what this really might mean??
Old 11-03-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.4x4xplor.com

great info

Last edited by Jeff; 11-03-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Old 18-05-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

gr8 work Big T

worth a read...
Old 11-06-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Having off roaded for over 40 years in Jeeps of every flavor and knowing the types of trips taken and intended to take and the myriad of questions from folks wanting to know if their rigs are capable of ___________ trail. Then what are the minimum requirements to get out and do trails and be successful on most of them.

It is highly unlikely that most will stretch its off road legs beyond the obstacles to be found on the Rubicon trail I will address what it takes to do up to that level and not beyond.

Full writeup:

http://www.savagesun4x4.com/enter/vi...eep_build.html

Lots of other stuff on my site for new and old Jeepers: www.savagesun4x4.com