HELP DESIGN A NEW JEEP WRANGLER PRODUCT - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HELP DESIGN A NEW JEEP WRANGLER PRODUCT

Hi,
I am new to the forum, but own a company that makes Jeep accessories.
I'm getting input on a new design and would like your opinions on a quick
(10 question) survey.

This is not an ad, and nothing is for sale, but you can choose
to enter to win a set of foot pegs as a thank you for taking the survey.
(yes, we will ship them to Australia)

To answer these questions you will first need to look at a picture
of our new Halberd™ Door System.

If you haven't seen it yet, please click this link to view
the rack before you begin this survey.
http://www.takeemoff.com/gallery/Halberd

If you've already seen the Halberd™, please click this link to take the survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=97837776423

After the survey you can enter to win a set of our new foot pegs!
Thanks,
EgoJester@comcast.net
www.TakeEmOff.com
www.ScubaHides.com
Old 06-01-2005
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

The mount itself would not be road legal here (I don't think) and how does it work with the top inplace??
lastly all best intentions no doubt but fott pegs besides being on the wrong side would also attract a ticket VERY fast here....
But hey full points for thinking outside the box....
Old 06-01-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the complements.
The Halberd rack works with the top up or down -- it doesn't interfere. The only thing is that you can't have the rear side windows in with the doors on it. Once you put the doors back on the Jeep, the brackets come off and you can put your rear side windows back in.

As for foot pegs, they are sold in pairs -- one for each side. I don't know Aussie law though, so you're on your own there.

Thanks alot -- it is really good to get so much feedback on the products.
EgoJester@comcast.net
www.TakeEmOff.com
www.ScubaHides.com
Old 06-01-2005
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

medieval send me a set to trial with australian authorities.. if I get busted ll let you know I wont sue.. Im too ferkin lazy.
Old 06-01-2005
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

perhaps complement with a canvas sort of bag to go over them.. other wise scratcheroonies!
as wooders said - hats off for thinking outside the (hat) box.
Old 07-01-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We are currently working with BESTOP to offer storage bags that work with the design.
This would be an optional accessory, not included.

Personally, I wouldn't use my rack for serious off-roading.
I designed it for around town, highway and moderate off-roading.
If I know I going to be wheeling on some narrow trails, I leave my doors at home like everyone else.
EgoJester@comcast.net
www.TakeEmOff.com
www.ScubaHides.com
Old 07-01-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd rather something with held them horizontally above the rear of the Jeep. (I don't have and don't want a roof rack.)
I don't like the idea of my full doors poking out the top like that. I'd bend them on overhanging branches all the time.

2/5.
Post New Thread  Closed Thread