Posting Pics - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-01-2007
On the Road Again

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry for being a technospaz, but I'm just trying to understand this.

Am I right to think that you post your images on aussiejeepimages or some other share site, then when you post them on this forum it's a bit like a link to your photo, but it actually display the pic, not just the link to a file name?

Is that so that AJOR is not loaded up with a heap of image data?

Last edited by Mooreyfiveo; 16-01-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 16-01-2007
Jeepless!

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Yeah aussiejeepimages hosts the picture then when you want the pic shown up on the AJOR site you post a link too the picture and when the page loads it loads the picture FROM aussiejeepimages and shows it up here.......clear as mud?
Old 16-01-2007
Jeepless!

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

OH and something i should have said was that when you are getting the link DON'T POST THE URL FROM THE BROWSER it won't work, if you use firefox, right click on the image and select 'Copy Image Location' and paste it between [img] [/img]

if you use Internet Explorer right click on the image and select properties and it will say address (URL) copy that address and post it between [img] [/img]

hope this helps, i know it took me AGES too work out!!!!!
Old 16-01-2007
On the Road Again

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, so I've uploaded to aussiejeepimages, now what do I do?
Old 16-01-2007
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

Hmm lets see if i can take some of the confusion out of this. Just my view on things

Option 1: Local Pictures (On Your Machine)

Pro's: It is quick and easy to attach images and allows the pages to load faster for people viewing them.

Con's: The images size is limited meaning that you will either need to take low resolution images or "resize them" (a tool like Irfanview can help with that and is free) you can upload them and it will tell you if they are to large.

Something else to consider, the image is hosted on AJOR which means that it is consuming a resource and one that you get for free. Diskspace, bandwidth and cpu time are things that need to be paid for at the end of the day, you can make the load lighter (using Option 2) so that all AJOR is hosting is a text string that references an external location.

Instructions:

These can still be uploaded so that you can share them with others. The feature that supports this you will find if you look in the "Additional Options" section, when you are posting and you have the white box, that you type in. Below this you have the "Post Icon" and then the Preview and Post buttons look BELOW these and you will see the "Additional Options" section). Within this section you will find "Attach Files" and a button saying "Manage Attachments" click on this button and you are presented with a popup box with a few white lines and browse buttons next to each. If you click on the browse button you can then select the location of the pictures on your computer and then click the upload button.

Option 2: External Images (Already Uploaded To An External Hosting Service)

Pro's: The images can be seen in the thread large as life, and cost AJOR zip, zero nadda.

Con's: The images can take awhile to load and on slower connections can be a real PITA.

Now image hosting on external sites is really simple, we have several image hosting providers dedicated to jeeps for example aussiejeepimages.com. For video you can't go past YouTube youtube.com. Chances are that even your ISP will allow you to host your images for the world to see and free of charge. Every site is different in the way that you upload your images and content but all of them have help files and are easy to navigate (if you have problems with a specific one, ask for help here). The end result is that you will end up with an "Image Location" which is where you image/picture now lives on the internet. as said in my previous host just bung this image location between some image tags (like this: [img]image location goes here[/img]). In most web browsers you can use your right mouse button, just click it on the image and on the menu should be something like "Copy image location" then you just paste it here between the tags. (if you don't get this menu option you can always go to "Properties" on the menu and you should see the image location there).

GOODLUCK with you image posting guys!
Old 16-01-2007
On the Road Again

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope this works!

Old 16-01-2007
On the Road Again

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yipee!

Thanks heaps!