Willys in Warwick, Queensland - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep History in Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2014
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Default Willys in Warwick, Queensland

Mods, feel free to move this elsewhere if needed. Hi everyone. Just remembered i had these pics which i took a little while ago when going through Warwick, and i just had stop to have a look. It was sitting outside a pie shop, which wasn't the ONLY reason for me to stop!!! Owner wasn't there so asked if i could take a few pictures, which his daughter in the shop said that was ok. Don't really know much about these old girls so if someone could enlighten me, or a link to would be awesome thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0143.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	66144   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0145.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	66145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	66146   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	66147   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0149.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	66148  

Old 11-01-2014
AJOR Gold

Default More pics

A few more photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0144.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	66149   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0147.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	66150  
Old 12-01-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts

Hi Barnyard....Its a CJ3B L .The L stands for long as its had its chassis extended by Willys Australia. The CJ3B came to Australia in complete knock down from the U.S and was assembled in Australia by Willys and a few other companies using some Australian parts mainly electrical. The U.S only had the standard length CJ3B....CJ3B,s where manufactured from 1953 to 1967 the one in your photo is probably a 1958 model as it has the hand brake through the dash and the single round gauge cluster.(the speedo on the one in the photo is a repro)..Not sure what the 1948 on the back or the numbers on the bonnet mean as they where not made until 1953 and the Australian Army never had 3B,s they did trial one and the RAAF did use some 3B,s....they are very easy to date from there serial number....thanks Mick
Old 12-01-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts

Sorry forgot a great link all about the 3B http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/
Old 12-01-2014
AJOR Gold

Thanks for that Mickb. Yes, i thought that about the speedo also, didn't quite look right and also the front parker and indicators don't quite look right too. Although i suppose trying to find original parts these days, with also the fact of complying to Qld DMR rules, etc. that can get hard to build something more 'original'. Not that i'm complaining though, its great to see these old toilers traveling around, and kudos to the people that have the time, money and inclination to do this. Thanks for that link too, has been very helpful and will be going back when i have some more free time. Don't quote me on this but from (very) vague memory i might have seen that CJ-3B Beach Car when i was very young (late 60's) when my family and i were on holidays at Point Lonsdale in Vic., i think it was the combinations of the colour, the strip seats and the front windshield stays that i (remember, vaguely) remember because it was so different from all the other cars going around at the time, and i like different.
Post New Thread  Reply