CRD Thermostat - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Locally I paid $1.19 per litre last weekend
At the moment ULP is cheaper than deso but it does sometimes get to be the same price or pretty close. Pretty rare for deso to be cheaper but it does happen occasionally.

Last edited by dhula; 06-04-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-04-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default subject

That's a real good price for diesel...I topped up this afternoon, at the cheapest place near me and I paid $2.28....noticed their unleaded was $3.10!
Old 07-04-2017
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I got a mopar one from Amazon, was well under $200 with postage
Old 07-04-2017
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

That's a good price phum, everything I looked at was over $200aud once posted to me.

I ended up ordering one from Moparpartsoverstock in the US. They claim OEM parts and the online shop is part of/run by a Chrysler dealership from what I read.
Ended up paying a bit less than $240 posted for the T-stat and gasket once the exchange rate raped me a little bit. Cheaper than my local dealers that's for sure
Old 18-04-2017
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

There was a guy on the LOST forum that came up with a good alternative to the stock thermostat. He had some custom necks machined, or maybe just removed the old internal thermostat, i believe and was using cheap GM thermostats inline to the hose going to the radiator. Easy to change, the stock one is not. Not sure how he managed the bypass return line. Read it on LOST if your keen to tinker.

BTW do not buy Crown replacement thermostats, stick with Mopar ( well actually they are made in Germany for VM). Anything Crown is pretty much crap, especially their bushings.

Last edited by glend; 18-04-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 20-04-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=98&t=50940

kapalczynski from Lostjeeps used to make a custom thermostat housing by taking your old unit and machining a part on so it was replaceable.

kapalczynski no longer takes orders and does not respond to emails (I tried without luck). He has provided all the details so his design can be replicated.

There is a person in Canada (can be found on Lostjeeps) that
manufactures a very nice replacable thermostat, but the proce will give you a heart attack (around $500 USD).

http://www.jeepscanada.com/jeep-libe...ly-crd-126239/

The crown thermostat used to have issues with the plastic fittings leaking, but this seems to have been more of a quality check issue. I have been running the crown thermostat for the past 9 month without issues (I check for signs of leaks once in a while).

I would also recommend to stay away from anything Crown as they have a bad reputation with parts (failing water pumps and thermostats).

Last edited by KJ75; 20-04-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 24-04-2017
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

New thermostat and gasket turned up today. Now to get orf me arse and get it fitted up.

May even have a tinker and see if I can get kapalczynski's design sorted as a stand by/replacement