Great Cycle Challenge - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default Great Cycle Challenge

Hi,

I've recently signed up for the 2017 Great Cycle Challenge and will be riding next month to fight kids' cancer!

My goal is to ride 100km and I will be pedalling throughout the entire month to reach my target.

Why am I doing this? Because cancer is the biggest killer of chidren from disease in Australia. Every 2 minutes, a child is diagnosed with cancer. My challenge will be tough, but it's nothing compared to what these brave kids face every day of their lives as they battle this terrible disease.

Kids should be living life, not fighting for it.

And so I am taking on this challenge to raise $100 to end childhood cancer and give these kids the brighter futures they deserve.

Please sponsor me and support my 100km challenge next month to save little lives.

To make a donation, simply click the link below:

http://www.greatcyclechallenge.com.a...s/AndrewRudder

Your donation is tax deductible and you'll receive a receipt immediately via email.

All funds raised will support Children's Medical Research Institute to continue their work to develop treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer.

Thanks for your support.

Andrew
Old 05-09-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts

G'day Andrew
I just kick started your fundraising with $100, good luck and I hope you raise a motza.

Cmon guys, get in and help out, no kids should go through these mongrel diseases

Cheers
WABOFI aka Paul
Old 05-09-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Added some more to your fundraising account. Good on ya, mate!
Old 06-09-2017
Established Member

Thanks WABOFI and pezimm,

I'm not generally one to get too passionate about causes, but after I was gven a positive cancer diagnosis (stage 2 melanoma) I found out first hand just how scary it is.

Once I heard about what the Great Cycle Challenge is raising money to do I thought, that if I can help in one small way to try and stop kids from having to go through anything like what I did, then I will.

I'm starting off with the 100km goal as I have limited spare time with 3 small kids of my own, I'll keep the forum updated of my progress as I go along, but at this stage have well over 100km of rides already booked in.
Old 06-09-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts

That's great you got through it Andrew, it's hats off to you mate. I hope all goes well for you.

Now, it is extremely disappointing if you are reading this fellow Jeepers and not made a donation, please give what you can to help in finding cures for kids cancers

PLEASE

Wabofi
Old 02-10-2017
Established Member

Default First ride done!

So the first ride is done and dusted for the month. My brother and I have signed up for a 6hr as a team towards the end of the month so we're into training. Should see me rack up the k's quickly.

To make a donation, simply click the link below:

Old 22-10-2017
Established Member

Default Update

So as of yesterday I've done just over 100km now (104.2km to be exact) which is great as I've passed my target distance. Feeling pretty sore as my brother and I did a 6 hr MTB race as a team of two. 40km yesterday, all single track with plenty of climbing. Hard work for someone with little training.

Thanks to everyone that donated so far, if you want to chip in follow this link:

Thanks again