REVIEW: STAUN Tyre Deflators - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > REVIEWS & NEW PRODUCTS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is seemingly an old thread, but I'll add my two cents.

Some of the additional advantages of the Staun Tyre Deflators:
1. Fastest tire deflators on the market.
2. Easy to use, no tools required.
3. Extremely accurate; within .o5 psi of set pressure.
4. Can air down all four tires unattended, simultaneously.
5. Can drive a vehicle while tires are deflating.
I bought my tire deflator https://mechanicguides.com/best-tire-deflators/ 5 years ago for R500 and have used them very often. I prefer to use them rather than the ARB type in that, they are preset to 1.5 Bar, so when I arrive at the venue I unscrew the valve caps and screw these units on. Then I go about chatting and greeting everyone, maybe some admin etc all while the tires deflate to the pressure I want. The only time where I will deflate more than 1.5 is when I do sand driving, but then I have the badger tire deflator for that.

What is nice about the Stauns is, you hit a gravel road... you stop, screw on these deflators and you drive further. Then a few km's down the road or at your destination you just unscrew and replace valve caps. This way you have a nice and soft ride on gravel roads and are at lesser of a risk of being hijacked etc as the time you spend standing beside the road is very little

All the best

Last edited by Yelene; 05-11-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2018
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

One of mine fell apart on the first use. so not impressed.
Old 02-11-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts

Had mine for about 6 years now, love them always ready before my mates to get on the beach now they have all purchased a set
Old 02-11-2018
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Mine were great - I had two set to off road pressure, and two set to soft sand pressure and it was a case of:

- start first two
- half a can
- change to other side/end
- finish can
- drive on with pleasure.

Since upgrading to the valve core removing style I spend my time sitting down and watching pressures but the speed is about the same - just one can left wanting
Post New Thread  Reply