WARNING! stay away from imported fuel - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-11-2006
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Forgot I run Liberty ULP + (10% ethanol) and my Xj runs better on that (95) than it does on Premium Unleaded, no power loss idles even smoother and pickup and towing power increase is very noticeable
??? Well what can i say to that.. I hope you have better luck running that than i did. I wont be going neer a liberty servo ever again.
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Old 24-11-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

upon further investigation of this E10 blended fuel i found this.
Note, it also says that it is fine to use on chrysler engines after 1986

{Oxygen content of ethanol is 34.7%. This can cause the engine to run lean although the Engine Control Unit (ECU) can generally compensate via feedback from the O2 sensor under light throttle conditions. However, hesitation or flat-spots during acceleration can occur due to this lean-out effect.}

Maybe this is what was happening to me yesterday and not water...
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Old 25-11-2006
Rubicon MOABs

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Or maybe there was already water in your tank & when the ethanol went in it mixed then. There are soo many variables. Biod is the same, when you first put it in it has a clensing effect, & cleans out all the dinoD crap left in the tank & lines & can block the fuel filter, then uninformed ppl say bio is shite & tell everyone else. Education is the key here gents, do some research on what you are putting into your tanks, then there can be an explanation to the results you are getting.
Old 25-11-2006
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with palla. I think there was definately something else happening, not just the fact it was ethanol blended fuel. I run E95 in the grand almost exclusively around town. I get better fuel economy than reg UL & Premium. I have never had a hassle with power loss or anything. I also asked a lot of questions of the IFS guys at the servo, who were very helpful.

I'd check out the oxygen cell next time you get a service, just to make sure it's calibrated & telling the ECM then right things.

John.
Old 25-11-2006
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There was a thread on here a while back about people mixing methylated spirits with a tank of fuel every now and then so you dont get a water build up in your tank over time. This would be the same as running that blended fuel as metho is basically just ethanol
Old 25-11-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

caltex is supposed to be the only one now that doesnt add ethnol. And woolworths fuels come from caltex and shell get there feul from Bp well brissy anyway. there has been cases in the past of servos adding there own ingredents or there tanks haveing water in them especially after rains. Metho helps reduce water in your tank as does filling it regularly and not just a couple of bucks all the time, low tank can cause condensation.
Old 26-11-2006
Rubicon MOABs

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

There was a stint a whilr back with toluene (sp?) not sure what it did but it was bad for motorists 8(