So few tyre choices...... - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KL Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default So few tyre choices......

Hello All

With the Sydney weather lately and a couple of trips with some friends cancelled due to excessive rains, I decided to upgrade the tyres on my TH.

I looked at the BF Goodrich KO2, Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 and Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac.

I have decided to go with the Duratracs based on price, lots of review reading and if course aesthetics.

I am getting them fitted next weekend and will post some pics then. In fact, there are a few TH in the states already running them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432156817626.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	71320
Old 21-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I also found that finding a tyre that came in the TH 245 65 17 oem tyre wasn't great. All the tyres mentioned above come in a 245 70 17.
Old 21-05-2015
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

The Duratracs are also popular with KK drivers in the states.
Old 21-05-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

ive been looking for new 285 70 17 for my 2011 JKU on standard rims.

love the look and reviews on the Nitto Trail Grapplers but do hear that they are heavy. on hear say and rumors the KM2 are small and the duratracs have weak side walls - but who really knows

we live in SA so we dont get to the Vic high country and/or alot of mud. we drive the 3.8L manual racing machine . the JKU is my daily drive and is being set up for touring on both the black top and dirt tracks (Flinders Rangers and about to do the Gibb river rd). so for us its a combination of an aggressive looking AT (and yes the look is important) with nice on road manners, durability and at a good price.

PS jeep has front bar, 2.5 inch lift (AEV) and a rear draw system and we tow a camper trailer

the following prices are from last week. based on these, and while i do love the nitto's, the duratracs would best suit our needs and budget

all prices include fitting a balancing (except for the nittos):
Duratrac's $400 (they did mention that these may even go done to about $380)
Trail Grapplers $421 + fitting
BFG KM2 $452
ST MAxx $46 - $470
STT $485
Kelly TSR (similar to Duratracs) $410
Old 21-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hey Fathead interesting price comparisons there. Here in Sydney the BF Goodrich were the cheapest @ $285 each and the Mickeys the most @ $380. I got the Duratracs for $320 each (after being quoted $455 by JAX)
Old 21-05-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houssayn.bazzi View Post
Hey Fathead interesting price comparisons there. Here in Sydney the BF Goodrich were the cheapest @ $285 each and the Mickeys the most @ $380. I got the Duratracs for $320 each (after being quoted $455 by JAX)
Far out, may need to do a road trip

sent from a clown with a jeep and phat fingers
Old 21-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I am quoting for 245 70 17 aswell.
Post New Thread  Reply