WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? - Page 39 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbotrog View Post
Yoda it's called sarcasm...

2014 GC WK is already in stock in Victoria btw.
Doesn't sound like it from the above post!, just a car sales man spinning S&@t when they know sweet FA about the vehicle their trying to sell!.
In stock yes but NO ones been able to take one home yet!!!!!
Old 14-06-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I fo believe arb are doing a 2012 bull bar the minor changes to the frount end of the new model wont affect the design of the bar and i have just recived this email

have just spoken ARB Corp and at this stage we are looking at the bar still being in design. There is talk that a prototype has been built but no ETA on a retail availability yet. From experience on seeing the development of other bullbars I would expect it to be possibly 2-3 months away still.

Sorry about that, keep an eye on the website for future updates

Regards,

Pete Morris

Store Manager

ARB Newcastle 89 Griffiths Road, Lambton, NSW, 2299
Old 15-06-2013
AJOR Gold

Liked 44 Times in 37 Posts

The fact that ARB is waiting for a 2014 model to be scanned for a bar for a model that has been around since 2011 fully explains ARB's commitment to Jeep.
Old 15-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hmmm...Was talking to a mate who use to own a 4x4 ARB shop and now does 4x4 service & repairs...He's just bought a 2012 GC and added Mopar slide sliders (really looks good) and says that he's ordered an ARB bar for it and he has been told is due for delivery end of this month..Since he knows ARB contacts from his previous 4x4 shop, he is positive that's the case.

Last edited by Wanderer; 15-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 15-06-2013
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Seems we have a lot of he should know and he's got a good idea that and a lot of inuendo from gossip from people that really are not in any position to have any idea what ARB are up to. Has anyone actually bothered to get it directly from the people who are in the know and provided the official timeline (as vague as it was) previously.

Seems odd, given how close ARB were, that they would abandon releasing a bar for the pre '14 models given how large the market is for existing owners let alone the forward market will be for those vehicles as they become second hand and even more affordable for people who truely want to wheel them. Also there has been no confirmed report of how different the front end of the update model is. If the mounting frame area has not changed and the light area is the only change and not that significant in the below bumper area then given these modern bars are almost always fitted into a cut away bumper it is quite possible that the same bar design could be tweaked to work with both or only slightly varied between the 2 to have 2 suitable bars.

Not that I'm supporting ARB one way or the other as I am not even int he market for the bar but seems a common practice to condemn and write them off without even gettign the facts. Fine to support Yankee Dave given his design is good and has been designed in conjunction with owners input etc etc but to condemn ARB without actual facts seems a bit lame and that negativity is not going to promote them to try any harder. By all means condemn them based on fact, I'm not trying to pump them up, but it's not constructive to condemn them on hearsay and guesses.

Closest we have to something that not a guess is Wanderers contact. Even first time jeepers info is still supportive even though that contact is still is an educated guess.

Last edited by fester; 15-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 15-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
Seems we have a lot of he should know and he's got a good idea that and a lot of inuendo from gossip from people that really are not in any position to have any idea what ARB are up to. Has anyone actually bothered to get it directly from the people who are in the know and provided the official timeline (as vague as it was) previously.

Seems odd, given how close ARB were, that they would abandon releasing a bar for the pre '14 models given how large the market is for existing owners let alone the forward market will be for those vehicles as they become second hand and even more affordable for people who truely want to wheel them. Also there has been no confirmed report of how different the front end of the update model is. If the mounting frame area has not changed and the light area is the only change and not that significant in the below bumper area then given these modern bars are almost always fitted into a cut away bumper it is quite possible that the same bar design could be tweaked to work with both or only slightly varied between the 2 to have 2 suitable bars.

Not that I'm supporting ARB one way or the other as I am not even int he market for the bar but seems a common practice to condemn and write them off without even gettign the facts. Fine to support Yankee Dave given his design is good and has been designed in conjunction with owners input etc etc but to condemn ARB without actual facts seems a bit lame and that negativity is not going to promote them to try any harder. By all means condemn them based on fact, I'm not trying to pump them up, but it's not constructive to condemn them on hearsay and guesses.

Closest we have to something that not a guess is Wanderers contact. Even first time jeepers info is still supportive even though that contact is still is an educated guess.
Fester, many of have asked and asked over several years and the only answer we get is "soon keep an eye on the web site!"
After 2 years of this I have given up on ARB, and will go with the company that listens and communicates with their customers !, UNEEK4X4 !!!
Old 15-06-2013
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

And I'm nto suggesting you should done anything different Yoda, I'm meerly suggesting we base our opinions and decisions on facts. What I'm against is the talk that ARB have ditched the pre '14 models alltogether, I see nothign to support this line. Whilst it is quite reasonable for some to decide not to support ARB at all for any products given their lack of attention to date, I just don't see it helping the "relationship" to just bag them out allt he time without fact.

Whilst I see proof that ARB are designing a bar for the pre '14 model by word of Sam, I see absolutely nothing to say they have abandoned the design. Maybe there never was a design who knows for sure but I do know if it were truely that close to finalisation it doesn't make sense to abandon it.

Lets see if Dave can outdo them again and come up with a facelift design (if needed) for the '14 model first as well.