Are you Waiting For Your JK?? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-09-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Are you Waiting For Your JK??

I have heard that people are waiting for their boat to come in before they can take delivery.

Are you sure your car is not already somewhere in the country - there seems to be alot to choose from:

http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars-...=All%20Regions
Old 18-09-2007
The Devils Own...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have chased up on alot of these vehicles and i have these points to make:

a) there are sh*tloads of auto soft tops around as they r not selling as well as manual hardtops.
b) 4doors are very scarce and alot of those adds for 4 door diesels are just adds, they don't actually have them in the country yet.

I have been trying to find a 4 door manual diesel in the country right now and the last one I could find was sold in QLD last week and they still have the advertisement up because they want to sell them on order.

this ticks me off because I keep having renewed hope for a 4 door manual diesel to be here and for sale and alas, they are just a add for a car that hasn't been built yet...
Old 18-09-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Devilish - I was in the same boat as you were in July - however I got lucky and the dealer found one.

It was the condition of purchase "dont care what colour, just want a 4 door desiel manual renegade"

It still took 8 or 9 weeks to get the car!!
Old 18-09-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default the waiting game

I can sympathise with anyone waiting for a JK , I have been waiting since march and was told mine would arrive in oct/nov , I gets a phone call today saying it wont be here till jan/feb 08...
oh well I will just have to remain patient.....
and the ad's you see on car websites are only for show they have to order them.. I have rang up about a few..
cheers scootaaa
Old 18-09-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Devilish - you want a 4 door diesel - what is your colour preference??
Old 18-09-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got a Stone White Unlimited Renegade CRD manual on the dock in the USA.
Should be here sometime in November.
I've also got a Rescue Green Unlimited Renegade CRD auto in stock right now.
After that, I have no more cars. We are waiting for the yanks to advise when the next run of Australian market cars will be.
Kerrod, if you can find a dealer out there with the colour you want, let me know. I've been on the phone today to other dealers and they all reckon their stock is sold. As you can see, I've got two pretty desirable JKs to swap.
Old 18-09-2007
CrawlerStar

Devilish,keep looking mate,I went into the local dealer 3 weeks ago and they had just what I wanted in stock,drove it away 2 days later.