What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1788 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-05-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 46 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boffin View Post
Looks good man. They will settle down after a few weeks. What size did you get?
Thanks JungleJuice, Cruiserfied, Boffin. Cheers!
They're AU Falcon XR8 rims and I got 245x70/17 fitted to them. I think they work out just under 31". So far they have a little rub on the lower control arms at full lock. Not sure about flex and clearance. I'll give it a jack up over the weekend and test it out.

Thanks for the heads up Djh13. I'll hold off for the minute but cheers. I'm in the Blue Mountains, NSW anyhow, so would have been a little out of the way for you.
Old 22-05-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint87 View Post
Have you got any pics mate?
Here you go Clint
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-22 12.53.49.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	68129   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-22 12.53.09.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	68130  
Old 22-05-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzie View Post
They're AU Falcon XR8 rims and I got 245x70/17 fitted to them. I think they work out just under 31".
According to the maths they work out to be approx 30.5" which makes them equivalent to 31's....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 22-05-2014
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
According to the maths they work out to be approx 30.5" which makes them equivalent to 31's....
Yes but only equivalent to 9.6" in width so should be better clearance than 31's
Old 22-05-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by East-Gipsland-XJ View Post
Here you go Clint
thats a better idea, I went full chop.

Old 22-05-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Yes but only equivalent to 9.6" in width so should be better clearance than 31's
The trouble with imperial tyre sizing is the vagueness of the measurements, for instance my BFG a/t 30x9.5-15's are within 2mm of the same width sidewall to sidewall of the stock 225/75/15 Goodyear GSA's both on stock steel rims yet the tread surface on the BFG's is noticably wider.
I have also had 31's (Triangle A/T's) that were near as makes no difference the same width as my Goodyear MT/R's which are 30's....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 22-05-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
thats a better idea, I went full chop.

I think both our ways work just fine, I was going to cut just the one hole but did a few strips as per pic to make sure I left some meat in the area, but there is enough bracing in place to not flex, the only other thing I did was that I glued 2 plastic drip trays on my bonnet, it has the whole area covered with a plastic lip to insure no water can just get in easily, I just bought some black mesh to go in the back of the scoop to keep bigger bits of rubbish/leaves out. I am really surprised how much heat is released by this mod.
Post New Thread  Reply