Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 101 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Had mine re-flashed a few days ago. Third time lucky........

Will still keep the unaffected FDCM handy just in case.

Cheers, Craig
Old 06-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 819 Times in 460 Posts

Hi Wanderer,
If your mate has bought a BT50 diesel tell him he has 15 minutes to drain and refill with oil !! If he doesn't the pump will not pickup the oil = big problems. In 15 minutes you also cannot get all the old oil out.
Not only Jeeps that have problems!!!

Last edited by bjm; 06-12-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thought mine was fixed until I tried to go lo the other day and got service 4wd. Have just had jeep in dealer 3 times for ignition prob which apparently still has no Aus release job yet. Wrong part twice so finally gave me a loan car for a few days to fix prob. Lost faith in my Jeep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 10-12-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I couldn't even get past first base with my local dealer who wanted $100 just to check the code. I know I can get lo range to work if I pull the fuse & replace it, but that could be a problem if stuck and need it in a hurry.
I guess I'll have to approach the service manager and see if they will check it for free, if not...??
Old 10-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

I can remember a post somewhere on how to tell if a FDCM has had a program change to it or not.

Cant find it of course! Any one remember or captured it?

I have a replacement motor on a Transfer i got 2nd hand which im hoping never got the recall done.
Old 10-12-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

If i understand this correctly I think the recall f's up/modifies the (FDCM) module which is inside the car not the actuator motor? So having an uninfected motor probably wont make a difference.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 10-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost26 View Post
If i understand this correctly I think the recall f's up/modifies the (FDCM) module which is inside the car not the actuator motor? So having an uninfected motor probably wont make a difference.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Yes, this is correct.
I tried an unaffected actuator motor with my effected FDCM and 'No Low'.
Put the unaffected FDCM back in and bingo....it works.

Then put the original actuator back in with the unaffected FDCM and bingo......still works.

So the answer to your query is that it is definitely the FDCM that is effected by the N23 update, not the actuator.

BTW: My third N23 fix is still working, however the unaffected FDCM is always with me.........

Cheers, Craig
Post New Thread  Reply