Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 211 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-06-2013

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpWraX View Post
I've had my 07 since new. After the lift a few years back I dug into how high it was etc. Since then done a few more mods - changed springs and added spring spacers F & R.

Today a stock 2011 JK parked alongside me on the flat. Took the opportunity for a measure up and jeeper chat. Measured from ground to bottom of pinch seam about 30cm back from front wheel well.

His was 450mm
Mine was 600mm

I'm now freakin as it appears I may have a 6" lift ! Surely this can't be right or maybe my mods have gotten carried away?

hey mate nice rig
where did you get those rims from?

cheers
Old 17-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Lift and Tyres of your JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky fresh jeep View Post
Just wanted to re-bump my question from the last page, think it got lost along the way...

So...

Cheers
Not sure what Brighton your in but it wouldn't hurt to give Stu a call from Muchison products as he really knows what he is talking about with the AEV lift. I have it myself and I will be getting 35" to suit the lift as it is totally designed for that size tyre.

Whatever the wallet has, the jeep takes!
Old 17-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro View Post
hey mate nice rig
where did you get those rims from?

cheers
Rugged Ridge with painted RR rock ring. Tossed out the crappy chrome bolts that come with rings and replaced with neatwashers and bolts from probolt.... but bugger the wheels what do you think of the rack!?

Last edited by SharpWraX; 17-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 17-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpWraX View Post
Rugged Ridge with painted RR rock ring. Tossed out the crappy chrome bolts that come with rings and replaced with neatwashers and bolts from probolt.... but bugger the wheels what do you think of the rack!?
You have a nice rack
Said that to a girl once and she hit me
But seriously you have placed a lot of design into the rack and its a credit to you.
Old 17-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim@ View Post
Completely agree. Don't waste your time with 33s. 35s still completely streetable and way better off road. 37s better but a few extra mods even if u got a rubi
2.5" lift and 35's is not legal in Victoria, as it is 1.25" over the allowed 75mm increase in overall vehicle height before engineering is required. Even 34's and a 2" lift is .25" over the allowed 3" increase
Old 18-06-2013
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Lift and Tyres of your JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by task82 View Post
2.5" lift and 35's is not legal in Victoria, as it is 1.25" over the allowed 75mm increase in overall vehicle height before engineering is required. Even 34's and a 2" lift is .25" over the allowed 3" increase
I'm on 34.4 (315 75/17) with 2,5" lift. for 20 months now. Never had the fun police wrecking my day. They even pulled up next to me at the traffic lights.

Saying this it should not be encouraging. Issue is, when something happens they have you by the balls!
Old 18-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCrazy View Post
I'm on 34.4 (315 75/17) with 2,5" lift. for 20 months now. Never had the fun police wrecking my day. They even pulled up next to me at the traffic lights.

Saying this it should not be encouraging. Issue is, when something happens they have you by the balls!
Yep, there are more than a few of us who are outside of the legalities and do not get picked up by the Police. But it should be noted that even though a lot of us do drive around with these modifications and do not get in trouble with Johnny Law, they are still technically outside of the law and if were involved in an accident, there claim could very well be refused due to these illegal modifications.

I'm being a bit of a buzz k!ll, I know. But, I think it's important that others new to the 4be scene are aware of this information, instead of getting a very rude surprise in a worst case scenario. It could be a very expensive lesson to learn otherwise.